Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Synthmaker site gone for good

For general discussion related FlowStone

Synthmaker site gone for good

Postby Spogg » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:03 pm

Sad news:

This was my email to Support:

I emailed some time ago about the Synthmaker site being down. I do hope this can be got online again, even if it’s read-only.
When I first got Flowstone I got some good stuff and info from the old site. I only took what I needed at the time but realised that it was a great resource for the future.
Most projects uploaded there I found would open and save in FS just by changing the file extension to fsm.
It’s really a great shame if it’s gone for good, especially for newcomers to FS who might not have to re-invent the wheel if they can find what they want on the old site.
So… please?

This was the reply:

I can confirm that the old SynthMaker site is now shutdown and all forum traffic now resides on the FlowStone forum.

Regards

DSPRobotics support

Such a loss I reckon.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Re: Synthmaker site gone for good

Postby tulamide » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:07 pm

I can understand that 2 sites are more costly as one. Therefore a shutdown is acceptable. However, what I don't understand is why this wasn't communicated beforehand. For example, there's Flowstone GURU. We could have transferred the most important modules. It also could have been transferred to these forums as a "synthmaker" subforum.

It's sad.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby martinvicanek » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:27 pm

Yes, that's not very nice. I know there have been intents to save the SM forum and wiki pages some two years ago. Don't know if they were sucessful, though.
martinvicanek

Postby BobF » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:11 pm

YES, they should have communicated to use before shutting down. Is it the same people that run Flowstone forum that ran Synthmaker forum? Maybe someone can contact them!? Where are all those old, but really great OSM's? It would really be nice to have a archive of them put somewhere and the info text should have been archived also. The few times I went there before joining the Flowstone forum, I remember a lot of very good information there. Sad!!!
Well that's my rant!
Tell next time, BobF.....
BobF

Postby Youlean » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:24 pm

Here is Synthmaker forum backup!

http://www.naiant.com/SM/index.php

We must contact DSP Robotics in order to see if they will claim copyright if someone host it on another domain or server...
Youlean

Postby CoreStylerz » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:10 am

If DSP Robotics send me files + DB (without sensible data like users and other company stuff) i will make it online for a while than migrate to synthmakers.eu the entire forum including discussions. Just ask 'em.
Need my support for app development, website or custom scripts?
PM me if you are interested.
Experienced Java, J2EE, PHP, Javascript, Angular, Cloud Solutions developer.
CoreStylerz

Postby Spogg » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:49 am

Youlean wrote:Here is Synthmaker forum backup!

http://www.naiant.com/SM/index.php

We must contact DSP Robotics in order to see if they will claim copyright if someone host it on another domain or server...

WOW Youlean! :D
That's a fantastic resource, many many thanks.

Here's a few notes for others:

- I downloaded all the files using the latest version of Downthemall in Firefox. Go to the page with the list of files, do Cntrl + A to select them all then right click and use the Downthemall selection manager to get all of them in one go.
- The files should be kept in their proper folder names as on the Server.
- In the downloaded folder (where index.html resides) create a folder called SM. In this folder create another folder called SM Forum Attachments. Inside this folder you should put the individual folders that contain the files. There are 6 folders called Audio, Compressed Files etc.
-Start the Forum by running index.html
- Many of the links to files in the posts will then work and can be 'downloaded' as normal.
- Some posts say I don't have permission to download and, of course, I am unable to use my user name and password to log in. I guess this facility would only work on a proper server.
- The Wiki can be used for information but I was unable to locate the files referenced in the Topics, using Windows to search the whole download.
- You may be offered a file with the extension .os and all you need to do after 'downloading' is to change the extension to .fsm then if it's going to work in Flowstone then that's your only chance I think. I tested with the SFZ player and it loaded and worked fine in FS.
- On my Corei7 system the response of the 'site' is very slow; several seconds to load any page. So on a slower system be very patient!

Finally, if anyone has a better method of running the forum offline, like if there's such a thing as a server emulator for example, it would be good to know. The above method works but I've no knowledge of web-based stuff. Also, if anyone has access to the WIKI files, this would enhance what youlean has kindly provided here.

There's just SO much stuff there to explore, it's a real shame it's come to this :(

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby CoreStylerz » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:12 pm

The most good way is to get the data from SM owners and then migrate the stuff to another website like synthmakers.eu

The cache isn't dynamic, you just see what browser sees.

I can do the trick, this just requires some aspirine, the SM forum DB & filesystem data and alot alot of patience/time.

Instead for keeping alive the forum as is , with SM forum data from DSPR, it's alot less painfull.
CoreStylerz

Postby Spogg » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:42 pm

CoreStylerz wrote:The most good way is to get the data from SM owners and then migrate the stuff to another website like synthmakers.eu

The cache isn't dynamic, you just see what browser sees.

I can do the trick, this just requires some aspirine, the SM forum DB & filesystem data and alot alot of patience/time.

Instead for keeping alive the forum as is , with SM forum data from DSPR, it's alot less painfull.

So will you contact DSPR? Do they know you so they can discuss it?
Spogg

Postby CoreStylerz » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:48 pm

Nope sorry. And I don't think they would do so also to well known members..
CoreStylerz

Next

Return to General