Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Crackling and sticky knobs in schematic but not VST

For general discussion related FlowStone

Crackling and sticky knobs in schematic but not VST

Postby Spogg » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:31 am

Well, this is embarrassing! :oops:

I’ve been using FlowStone for about 8 years and only just found out that when your schematic grows and you get crackles due to redrawing, and the knobs and controls start to become erratic and “sticky”, all you need to do is cntrl-Home to go full screen. This removes the Navigator and Toolbox views and the schematic works like it would as a plugin. Cntrl-Home restores the regular view.

Why didn’t you tell me this before? It’s not in the User Guide but it was bad of you to withhold this information from me.

:lol:
Spogg

Re: Crackling and sticky knobs in schematic but not VST

Postby tulamide » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:33 pm

Spogg wrote:Well, this is embarrassing! :oops:

I’ve been using FlowStone for about 8 years and only just found out that when your schematic grows and you get crackles due to redrawing, and the knobs and controls start to become erratic and “sticky”, all you need to do is cntrl-Home to go full screen. This removes the Navigator and Toolbox views and the schematic works like it would as a plugin. Cntrl-Home restores the regular view.

Why didn’t you tell me this before? It’s not in the User Guide but it was bad of you to withhold this information from me.

:lol:

This functionality is called "Maximize Schematic" and can be found in the View menu. The reason people won't use this often is probably because they prefer focus mode?
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:53 pm

tulamide wrote:This functionality is called "Maximize Schematic" and can be found in the View menu. The reason people won't use this often is probably because they prefer focus mode?

Years ago I looked at all the menu items and I probably thought “Why would I need to maximise the schematic?”
Now I know a very good reason! ;)

I’m guessing that the Navigator causes the issues because if I make it big I see the thumbnails update when I adjust stuff. If I deselect View Navigator it works smoothly. It’s nice to have the shortcut though.
I’m also guessing that FS prioritises the Navigator redraw over the streams, which is unexpected (by me anyway).
Spogg

Postby DaveyBoy » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:14 pm

[quote="Spogg"]Well, this is embarrassing! :oops:

I'ts more embarrassingfor me . . . I've been flowstoning for over 6 years and I recently put in a feature request for this :oops: :D
DaveyBoy

Postby Spogg » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:44 am

DaveyBoy wrote:... I've been flowstoning for over 6 years and I recently put in a feature request for this :oops: :D

Thank goodness it wasn’t just me! :lol:

I also found that if you drag up the divider for the Navigator it gets turned off. But I’m using the shortcut now.
Spogg

Postby RJHollins » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:06 pm

nobody likes 'sticky knobs' ...
RJHollins

Postby DaveyBoy » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:41 pm

RJHollins wrote:nobody likes 'sticky knobs' ...

My ex-wife loved 'em :lol:
DaveyBoy

Return to General