Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Newbie question. Mixing Poly and Mono in schematics?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Newbie question. Mixing Poly and Mono in schematics?

Postby Spogg » Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:20 pm

That knob is a crappy old one and doesn’t have default, even though there’s a property for it! I think it was made just to demonstrate the use of Ruby in a knob.

I’ve tried a lot of knob frameworks and the schematic contains my favourite which I’ve settled on for some years now. I’ve added a comment box to highlight the features.
Attachments
My favourite knob.fsm
(79.12 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
Spogg

Postby Tepeix » Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:58 pm

Hum.. ok !)
(working on bad crappy knob for so long time ;) )
Tepeix

Postby R&R » Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:07 pm

Thanks both of you! I'll take a look...
I have around 550+ parameters/knobs so. Not a particularly fun item on my todo list :lol:

Thinking of adding two mini-LFOs (sort of) as well. Would bring another 60 paramters. Hey why not. I might have a few percent left of CPU headroom :D
FS 3.06 can't handle the cpu-load so I'm having to close/open project alot when crasching. Have started to work on pieces of schematics in separate files instead.

For example oscillator modules.
But now that I have an almost finished simple basic synth ready, i'm finding myself having a hard time designing sounds/oscillator schematics to get some decent waveform. Just typical :lol:

Too bad I can't use MV's ASMs to any extent, since I need sync. Not for hardsync in that sense, between oscillators, but rather for user sound tweeking.
R&R

Postby RJHollins » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:21 pm

Regarding Preset Manager.

Are you certain that each Knob, Button. etc has a Unique Name ?

2. to check what the Preset Manger is working with, I often Export a TEXT file from the PM.
This allows to view all the Preset Names and check that they are unique and correct.

Just a suggestion.
RJHollins

Postby R&R » Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:24 pm

Are you certain that each Knob, Button. etc has a Unique Name ?

2. to check what the Preset Manger is working with, I often Export a TEXT file from the PM.
This allows to view all the Preset Names and check that they are unique and correct.

Thanks!
I'll probably go that route...

Feels the problem is that I have extended/changed the amount of presets and at some points changed knob defaults in between so i'm stuck with the wrong defaults in the preset-manager prim. If that is even how it works... :lol:
I'm going to try and swap my preset manager prim and see what happens.
R&R

Postby R&R » Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:40 pm

Edit: Removed this post... Seems powershell command didn't output correctly :roll:
Last edited by R&R on Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
R&R

Postby Spogg » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:19 am

My approach is to copy the text of a preset into Word. I select all, then sort it alphabetically by paragraph. This puts any float array values at the top so I go down to where the parameter names start and I find it easy to spot identical lines. I highlight these then go to the schematic to change parameter names.

These days I carefully name as I develop, but I still make the occasional mistake.
Spogg

Postby R&R » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:10 am

My approach is to copy the text of a preset into Word...

Gonna give that a try some time... 8-)

I just had such a large amount of similar named params after copying modules... so ended up resorting to this command to find duplicates I missed adjusting :D

Me I always seem to end up regretting my naming conventions despite trying to be careful :lol:
R&R

Postby R&R » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:26 am

Edit: Removed this post... Seems powershell command didn't output correctly :roll:

Hmmm... or... maybe it did output correctly. Damnit.

I've made sure there are no duplicates, but I'm starting to suspect FS is corrupting other stuff than just Selectors :(

Or atleast it doesn't recall/read or set values correctly from preset.txt files.

Have tried inside both 3.08 and 3.09, and their .exe exports.

Code: Select all
Small part of preset file (1400+ lines)
LFO1Dist   Float   0.000000
LFO1F1Res   Float   0.000000
LFO1F1EnvAmt   Float   0.246875
LFO1F1Level   Float   0.000000
LFO1F1Feedback   Float   0.000000
LFO1F2Res   Float   0.000000
LFO1F2EnvAmt   Float   0.496875
LFO1F2Level   Float   0.000000
LFO1F2Feedback   Float   0.000000
LFO1FilterMix   Float   0.000000
LFO1Slide   Float   0.000000
LFO1OctShift   Float   0.000000

Second "LFO1F2EnvAmt" is recalled/read but "LFO1F1EnvAmt" is not.
The annoying part is that i have copied this entire LFO module to a second one... and both "LFO2F1EnvAmt" and "LFO2F2EnvAmt" are recalled/read perfectly well :(

I'll have to resort to testing different parameters to see if it's a reoccurring issue :|

Such a simple synth, so many problems :) just alot of parameters though.
R&R

Postby R&R » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:43 am

:|
Yep. Replaced the affected knob. Recalling values from presetfile started working for that knob.

This means that any number of my 1400 knobs/parameters can be corrupted :(

UPDATE: Found 3 more corrupted knobs/preset-modules... Luckily I don't think there was any more :)
I suspect "copying a copy" of anything, during the same FS session might be causing this. But If so... I don't understand the irregularity, since more corrupted prims/modules should have been expected if that was the case.
R&R

PreviousNext

Return to General