Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Flowstone wishlist

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Flowstone wishlist

Postby Spogg » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:11 pm

MyCo wrote:
Spogg wrote:Many commercial plugins feature a drag and drop facility for loading say Wav files for drum machines, wave players, wav oscillators and so on.

I think that is possible, the primitive would output the file name of the dropped file(s) I guess. The primitive itself would need a view input that would tell that it reacts only to drops if the drop occurs on its view. I'll put it on the todo list, but it might take longer and I'm not 100% confident that we can get it to work, because I might miss a critical detail :mrgreen:

Yeah I forgot about the View input!

Your point about outputting the filename and path is interesting. The drop receiver could then be used instead of a universal open file dialogue and it might be easier to implement... V 3.91?

Re multiple file selection: I'm not convinced that we need such a thing in practical terms. Normally an application will allow multiple selections only if appropriate and I haven't yet found a need for this in Flowstone. Maybe tiffy could give a real-world example, for Flowstone, where this would help...?

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Wassaka » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:46 pm

My wishlist
1. Implementation: Automatic folder reading option (drop-down list) for loading presets, wavetables etc ... eg: Filter an extension (.txt) and search it in the subfolders of the selected folder. The subfolders will appear as a "group (<<, >>)" and the files (.txt) will appear as items in the droplist. (this list will be updated if a new folder is created).
2. Implementation: SF2 Files support.
3. VSync or similar for the graphics (scopes overall).
4. Implement: Custom message box (pop-up) with images (I don't know if this is possible).
Wassaka

Postby DaveyBoy » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:55 pm

A couple of things on my wish list:

Wireless connector that could connect anywhere... up down or level, is there a technical reason why it is the way it is?

Midi Clock send & receive.... or am I missing something?

Dave
DaveyBoy

Postby MyCo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:06 pm

Wassaka wrote:1. Implementation: Automatic folder reading option (drop-down list) for loading presets, wavetables etc ... eg: Filter an extension (.txt) and search it in the subfolders of the selected folder. The subfolders will appear as a "group (<<, >>)" and the files (.txt) will appear as items in the droplist. (this list will be updated if a new folder is created).

This should be possible using Ruby. Don't think making a primitive for that would make sense then.

Wassaka wrote:2. Implementation: SF2 Files support.

Hm... TBH I've never used SFZ/SF2, I wouldn't even have files to test it with :mrgreen:

Wassaka wrote:3. VSync or similar for the graphics (scopes overall).

Have you encountered VSync glitches? I don't think we have this issue in FS, as we are not very fast in drawing/updating.

Wassaka wrote:4. Implement: Custom message box (pop-up) with images (I don't know if this is possible).

The standard windows message boxes have their respective icons (see MessageBox primitive). Everything else I guess would be a custom window. We could add that I guess, but the priority for that would be very low. In most cases you don't really want a messagebox anyway as it looks stupid having a windows messagebox on top of your custom UI.
MyCo

Postby Spogg » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:09 pm

Nubeat7 wrote:@spogg would it be asked too much to make a list in the first post? so the devs would not have to read the whole thread, and users do not need to repeat others :)

It would be nice to have that but I've lost track myself!

Maybe if Myco could send me his to-do list and already-done list then I could paste it into the first post and keep it updated as and when. Since Myco is a moderator he could actually do that himself!
Myco?

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby MyCo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:13 pm

DaveyBoy wrote:Wireless connector that could connect anywhere... up down or level, is there a technical reason why it is the way it is?

Unfortunately, yes there is a technical reason. When you place/rename/change connectore type, we have to search through the whole schematic for matching wireless counter parts. With the current limitation this search process is self limiting to a sub section of the schematic (only module below in the hierarchy, or in the other direction only parent schematics).

DaveyBoy wrote:Midi Clock send & receive.... or am I missing something?

I'm not sure. But I think the midi clock should come in as SysEx. Maybe someone could test this?!
MyCo

Postby tulamide » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:26 pm

martinvicanek wrote:No, I am not trying to generate a thousand notes per second. :lol: Not more than a few notes, often less than that. :lol: But those should be triggered without jitter. I am happy to accept some (constant!) delay <10ms, but not jitter.

My default control signal processing is at hop(32), which translates to roughly 0.7ms at 44.1k sample rate. That's why I threw in this figure. I was assuming in Ruby you'd have to check constantly wheter there is a trigger event (each 32 samples in each frame), but maybe there is a cleverer way, some sort of push mechanism. Maybe one could also relax that 32, you are right.

If you have something more specific, maybe even a specific use for it, a schematic or so, please pm me. I would be willing to dive deeper into the topic.

Wassaka wrote:1. Implementation: Automatic folder reading option (drop-down list) for loading presets, wavetables etc ... eg: Filter an extension (.txt) and search it in the subfolders of the selected folder. The subfolders will appear as a "group (<<, >>)" and the files (.txt) will appear as items in the droplist. (this list will be updated if a new folder is created).

I recently developed a Ruby class that does exactly this (I mean 100% exactly that). But it was a commissioned work, so without explicit consent I won't provide it here.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Walter Sommerfeld » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:45 pm

I'm not sure. But I think the midi clock should come in as SysEx. Maybe someone could test this?!

nope

This is/was a very old feature wish on good old SM from me!
Walter Sommerfeld

Postby MyCo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:56 pm

Ok, I'll put it on todo list and have a look
MyCo

Postby BobF » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:04 pm

Hi,
How about some better video primitives. Like for, mixing, fades, wipes, feedback, and so on.

Thanks.....
BobF

PreviousNext

Return to General