Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Incomplete Component Reference

For general discussion related FlowStone

Incomplete Component Reference

Postby mark202 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:06 pm

Hello,

I have just purchased and started using FS. Some of the components (example: display window) do not have any reference in the Component Reference manual. Is there another source for this info?

Thanks,
Mark
mark202

Re: Incomplete Component Reference

Postby support » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:41 am

Yes, if you hover the mouse over the component it gives you a description.

Here's an example:

Display Window clip.png
Display Window clip.png (68.68 KiB) Viewed 11173 times

Please note that the component reference is not for modules (i.e components are the base FlowStone building blocks and modules are made using components).
Attachments
Display Window.fsm
(91.1 KiB) Downloaded 917 times
support

Postby trogluddite » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:14 pm

As a little side note, I'd just like to add this...

If you are posting your own modules on the forum, please try and take the small amount of extra time to do a little 'built in documentation', like admin's example, yourself.
It really isn't difficult, and will possibly help you out too if you ever need to fix a bug or add a new feature. The things I would recommend are...
- Please give your modules, and any value boxes etc. a meaningful title.
- Be sure to label all of your inputs and outputs - including on sub-modules inside your main block.
- Use the 'comment' module to add notes within the modules about any particularly unusual features (they are set to be 'purgable' so they won't take up any space inside your final exports)
- Add a 'tooltip help' primitive to the top level module, connect a text box, and type in a short description of what your module does, any important notes about the correct number ranges etc. for inputs and outputs, and a little note saying who you are, credits for anyone who helped you, and any 'licence restrictions' you want people that use your module to observe (a version number can also be useful, in case you ever need to post an upgrade).

The tooltip help is particularly useful. As well as enabling the cool little 'hover over' tooltips, the text inside gets read when you use the toolbox search feature - so if folks like your module enough to put it in their toolbox, it will be easy for them to find!
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby mark202 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:17 am

Thank you both for your responses.

The "Components Manual" being for components was overlooked by me. Read
the manual but not the title.

Thanks again,
Mark
mark202

Return to General