Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

NEWBIES: DO NOT USE 3.09 BETAS!!

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: NEWBIES: DO NOT USE 3.09 BETAS!!

Postby Spogg » Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:04 am

billv wrote:Spogg....can't we lock this thread, in it's place.so it doesn't move..... :?: :D

I think you mean pin it, but there’s no option in the board software, so it has to be bumped to keep it high in the listing. Pity.
Spogg

Postby billv » Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:32 am

Thanks Spogg... :D
billv

Postby JB_AU » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:09 pm

8 years later consolidated all the windows api , is flowstone deceased ?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

Albert Einstein
JB_AU

Postby billv » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:37 pm

JB_AU wrote:is flowstone deceased ?

G"day JB....Certainly looks like "a dead ship sailing with a skeleton crew".... :(
billv

Postby pureenergy84 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:07 am

is this project (FlowStone) still being developed?

is it worth getting a license?

I just wanted to learn something to make some simple VSTi's with ...

am I in the right place?
pureenergy84

Postby Spogg » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:56 am

Yes it’s still being actively developed. In my opinion FlowStone is the best way to make plugins.
Spogg

Postby pureenergy84 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:35 pm

What about the comment above?

"Certainly looks like "a dead ship sailing with a skeleton crew"

is it worth getting the 12 months of updates? it doesn't look like it's been 'updated' in quite a while from the last "stable" version.

From what I gather from this thread, 3.06 is the best version to use for stability?

I just wanted something I can use as a playable instrument for my sample packs, something I can easily brand and sell with a few built-in knobs and controls to tweak each sound.

I'd just change the GUI and Samples, or ideally, have a VST I can release my own add-on packs for as I create new sounds.

I'm not a programmer though, is this something I could easily accomplish?

Thank you so much, you guys are wizards.
pureenergy84

Postby Spogg » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:04 am

As of August 2022 we don’t yet have a release date for FS4. But you’d need to buy a license to be able to get past the rather short trial period anyway. The license lasts forever and I paid for mine about 8 years ago. So I would say it all depends on if you want to actually use FlowStone rather than thinking about future updates.

We recommend 3.06 generally for stability and efficiency. 3.08.1 features some extra ASM (assembler code language)stuff which a newbie wouldn’t need. But if you bought a license you can download 3.08.1 and 3.06 at the same time and start off with 3.06, which is the version I always use. If you should get heavily into ASM you could then switch to 3.08.1 but I suspect you won’t need to from what you say.

Sample playing can vary from quite simple to very complex, depending on what you want to achieve. We have a great little community here with help and advice always at hand and offered freely.
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:22 pm

pureenergy84 wrote:I just wanted something I can use as a playable instrument for my sample packs, something I can easily brand and sell with a few built-in knobs and controls to tweak each sound.

I'd just change the GUI and Samples, or ideally, have a VST I can release my own add-on packs for as I create new sounds.

To keep it fair, I will point out, that there is a product out there, specifically made for exactly those requirements. It is called HISE. It is less comfortable than Flowstone, as it requires an installation of JUCE, which requires an installation of C++. It is free and open source, but requires you to do the same with your plugin, or to buy a commercial license.
http://www.hise.audio/
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Previous

Return to General