Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

VOXALLY And TALBOX creation.

For general discussion related FlowStone

VOXALLY And TALBOX creation.

Postby ruben » Mon May 15, 2023 4:33 pm

Hello Flowstoners!
My real name is José Côrte-Real... 66 years jazz composer, using VSTs and all electronic devices possible on my work.

For years I've spent my spare time creating a collection of effects and virtual instruments using Steinberg's VST technology, famous for having been one of the pioneers of DIGITAL AUDIO WORKSTATIONS, which in the beginning revolutionized music production, raising the quality of the final product and then they knocked the studio production market down.
Today thousands of musicians take care of the production of their songs in famous programs such as Cubase, ProTools, Reason, etc. they all use VST technology and there are those who don't use real instruments or even instrumentalists to make their songs.
Technology came to help fulfill some dreams.
I realized as soon as VST effects instruments appeared that this would be a new way to "sell" instruments.
Being virtual, they would not take up space in "Racks", have damage due to use or transport, background noise and cable problems, etc.
That's why I started, since there were no courses, to study in my own way, testing and trying to learn from experience, good and bad results, that is, self-taught.
I ended up creating a line of effects and instruments and as I was inspired in the final design by the now-defunct American brand ENSONIQ, I created my own brand EUSONIQ.
When I thought of launching it and set up a website for sales, I discovered that more than a million guys were distributing the same effects and instruments for free on the internet every day.
The best ones, paid in gold, have big companies and high quality marketing actions and therefore, what we can call an effects package or instruments, would have no market value (5 years to learn) and despite the applause from some sites and until some of my instruments were launched in a British technology magazine, sales were zero. As for the free distribution with the donationware option and more than thousands of downloads it also ended up in identical amounts.
I finally sold a Rhodes type VST electric piano for 5 measly euros that I will never receive because on the site where I uploaded some material, they only pay when it exceeds 25 euros.
With this, another 5 years passed, that is 18 years creating a brand and nothing.
I even tried to "offer" an effects pack to Audacity, which at the time still didn't use the technology and sent me to hell.
Today the program already uses VST effects, but it doesn't have its own pack.
This week I woke up with one of "those ideas" what if....
Instead of dedicating myself to music, (I've more than 300 hundred songs on Spotify and other streming services) I ended up with an effect that I've been trying to do for years.
Is original!
It's a vocal production effect that's different from those commercially available and combines the idea of the vocoder with something I've never seen before, as you can change a voice note by note, played in real time or via midi programming, changing the melody or harmony.
I need beta testers.
Not only for this purpose that it is advisable to be tested by musicians who work with keyboards and record voices, but for the other devices that have been stored and that I decided once again to put on my website in the donationware format.
I need someone linked to production, technician, producer, musician.
Voxally is finally my first effect with original features and needs a midi keyboard and a DAW.
I also have some more Romplers and digital instruments to test, an Efx Bundle and I'm looking for someone to help me on programming a talkbox without using breath control. I have an idea e almost all teh modules but something is missing. Is there anyone available?

Thanks!
Cheers!
José
Attachments
voxally peq.jpg
Voxally audio midi processor
voxally peq.jpg (31.42 KiB) Viewed 4319 times
ruben

Re: VOXALLY And TALBOX creation.

Postby martinvicanek » Tue May 16, 2023 9:09 am

Hello ruben, and welcome!
We need to talk, it seems we have some common interests. I have to check out your stuff in more detail. Meanwhile, if you care to have a look at my two freeware products in the area of voice processing:
https://vicanek.de/audioprocessing/midichoir.htm
https://vicanek.de/audioprocessing/lavozcantante.htm
The audio demos are probably the fastest way to get an impression.
Catch you later!
Martin
martinvicanek

Postby zayne » Tue May 16, 2023 2:08 pm

i searched for ur company and the downloads of these plugins but couldn't find anything :oops:
ZAYNE
zayne

Postby ruben » Wed May 17, 2023 6:22 pm

zayne wrote:i searched for ur company and the downloads of these plugins but couldn't find anything :oops:

Hello Zayne!
Here's the link: Only 32 bits stuff, for now.
If you want to test 64 Bits stuff just say! I'm also converting those 32 bit instruments to 64.

https://realdigitalvst.gumroad.com/?fbc ... age_layout
ruben

Postby martinvicanek » Thu May 18, 2023 10:10 am

Looks cool! Do you have sound samples besides the youtube piano showcase?
martinvicanek

Postby ruben » Thu May 18, 2023 2:56 pm

Hello!
I've done a schematic to you guys, this is the idea but it's too noisy and not right... But it seems to be good for start...
Talbox, Like TC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfX03iLrFe0 if they made it as hardware i think is possible to do it as software!
Cheers
Attachments
talkbox schematic 2023.fsm
talkbox schematic
(6.19 MiB) Downloaded 167 times
ruben

Postby martinvicanek » Thu May 18, 2023 3:22 pm

Ouch! You uploaded a schematic that needs a newer FS than 3.8.0.1! :evil:
martinvicanek

Postby ruben » Fri May 19, 2023 9:45 am

martinvicanek wrote:Ouch! You uploaded a schematic that needs a newer FS than 3.8.0.1! :evil:

Yes, this schematic is to 3.9 is 64 bits :-)
ruben

Postby martinvicanek » Sat May 20, 2023 6:16 pm

<Rant>
Please do not post newer than 3.8.1 schematics here without a clear note. When people open a newer fsm they are bombarded with dozens of error messages!
<\Rant>

I had a look at your schematic. It seems you are trying to convert audio to MIDI at some point. That is quite ambitious in itself. Moreover, it is very hard in FS to generate MIDI commands triggered by audio and in sync. I am not sure I would go this route.

In the meantime, I picked up an old thread of mine trying to buld a hiseless talkbox based on an FFT vocoder implementation. You have two audo inputs: a carier (instrument) ans a modulator (voice/microphone). The main difference to a vocoder is in the dynamics: A talkbox should produce sound whenever you supply a carrier, whether or not you are modulating it with your voice. But the mic will always pick up something, even if you don't talk or sing. You don't want the background noise to modulate your playing!

There are many more things to consider. I am posting my current status with some notes inside the fsm. Let me know what you think.

Martin
Attachments
FFT_talkbox2.fsm
(66.58 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
martinvicanek

Return to General