Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

AHDSR into an AHD

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: AHDSR into an AHD

Postby tulamide » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:07 pm

Spogg wrote:If making music was my hobby and goal, I reckon I’d buy Studio One based on your experience.

I know I'm completely offtopic in this thread, but here's an example of what I mean. No need to watch the whole video, the first 6 or so minutes are enough. Tell me it isn't intuitive. Tell me it isn't inspiring to try new things. I love "little" things like these.
https://youtu.be/643H-bjzfnE
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby R&R » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:59 am

Hmmm... Never gave it a chance, but Studio One does seem to have a nice workflow...

Reaper is a bit to extensive "for me" as not gifted with anything related to studio or musical ability :lol:

How is Studio One compared to Reaper in complexity for dummies like me?
Obviously I like any built in chord tools due to aforementioned reason. Feels impossible to know all these features without having a bit of music background and diving in tutorials or manuals :D

The routing/bus features needs to be easy/easily overviewed or else I get epileptic seizures :)

tulamide wrote:I know I'm completely offtopic in this thread

Nothing is off topic in the threads I start... Usually I "break form" just after the first posts myself :lol:
R&R

Postby tulamide » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:08 pm

R&R wrote:Hmmm... Never gave it a chance, but Studio One does seem to have a nice workflow...

Reaper is a bit to extensive "for me" as not gifted with anything related to studio or musical ability :lol:

How is Studio One compared to Reaper in complexity for dummies like me?
Obviously I like any built in chord tools due to aforementioned reason. Feels impossible to know all these features without having a bit of music background and diving in tutorials or manuals :D

The routing/bus features needs to be easy/easily overviewed or else I get epileptic seizures :)

tulamide wrote:I know I'm completely offtopic in this thread

Nothing is off topic in the threads I start... Usually I "break form" just after the first posts myself :lol:

It depends on what you mean by complexity. If you mean the UX, that's miles ahead of Reaper. If you mean functionality, I think Reaper is ahead, due to its (for me horrifying) "actions".

Regarding routing/busses, it couldn't be made easier. Abnd it's (I mentioned it earlier) not re-inventing the wheel. Once you worked with a DAW, you know how to do it in Studio One as well. See here:
https://youtu.be/BEM2YpxG0Ws

Btw., this "not re-inventing the wheel" concept is really close to their heart. That's why they recently, with the 6.5 update, introduced the open file format .DAWproject, which creates a file that can be read and written in another DAW as well. The first to support it is Bitwig and I saw some videos presenting it. It does it really good. It saves not only all audio used, it also saves all markers, all clips, all midi, the plugins used AND their state, etc. In short, when you save an edit in Bitwig as .DAWproject, you can open it in Studio One, and it is exactly the same. All the right plugins are loaded, their state restored, all clips and tracks and busses are there, etc. Awesome. I hope a lot more hop on the format.

And thanks for letting me derail this thread :mrgreen:
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby R&R » Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:07 pm

tulamide wrote:with the 6.5 update, introduced the open file format .DAWproject, which creates a file that can be read and written in another DAW as well.

That's impressive...
Sounds like good marketing strategy since it shows confidence in their own product... and might instill trust in Studio One users.
R&R

Previous

Return to General