Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

AHDSR into an AHD

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: AHDSR into an AHD

Postby R&R » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:01 pm

:cry: I really liked the wood panel...

A little bit of shading and less graining and it calms right down:
V-suite.jpg
V-suite.jpg (129.7 KiB) Viewed 15019 times
R&R

Postby R&R » Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:39 pm

Variant with moved and dampened section divider-lines.

Might reduce contrasts a bit more for the eyes... perhaps.
V-suite2.jpg
V-suite2.jpg (129.65 KiB) Viewed 15017 times

Well had to check how it looked atleast... :D
R&R

Postby k brown » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:37 pm

Yes, cooling and darkening the wood is something I've wanted to try - not that dark, though.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby R&R » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:56 pm

k brown wrote:Yes, cooling and darkening the wood is something I've wanted to try - not that dark, though.

Here you can always experiment with the woodpanel opacity, and the shading of the black background panel/rect... to tint the wood and/or to increase/reduce wood grain.

Brightening the woodpanels alot eliminates the contrast problem alot with the knob numbers. But I guess the challenge becomes then to find the right color/tint :?

There is a seam at the bottom of the woodpanel where it meets a small piece of woodpanel. I didn't bother to resize or anything...

Btw the files are resaved using FS3.08. Best to use these as UI experiment only anyways...
Attachments
the V Suite_v1.009_GUI_style2.fsm
(9.41 MiB) Downloaded 553 times
the V Suite_v1.009_GUI_style1.fsm
(9.41 MiB) Downloaded 547 times
R&R

Postby R&R » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:30 pm

I mean 8-)

Why not...

KITT.gif
KITT.gif (107.21 KiB) Viewed 15002 times

...with some wooden dashboard to the right :D

V-suite3.jpg
V-suite3.jpg (124.3 KiB) Viewed 15004 times
R&R

Postby tulamide » Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:45 am

k brown wrote:Current state:

v1.1gui2 copy.png

I hope I didn't mess with your vision? I really thought of the blue one as an alternative skin, once you made your preferred skin. Having said that, the latest blue version looks really good!
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby R&R » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:44 am

tulamide wrote: I really thought of the blue one as an alternative skin,

A nice idea 8-)

Why not go with keeping the effectpanel to the right in some static wood with shading, and then add a selector for 5 different color shadings (but with solid colors like the black one) for the other panels... A selector for either Black, Blue:ish, Grey shading... etc just as long as the different color shadings go with the brass and wood?

Anyways...

Looking at all your synths and their UI layouts Kevin, and comparing to alot of "commercial" plugins, you should have gotten hired by these to design these developers products UI's.

Preference is subjective. But I mean... for example... "this" particular developer(s) create some damn nice sounding plugins but take a look at this one for example...
R&R

Postby R&R » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:06 am

Like...

Steve.gif
Steve.gif (721.6 KiB) Viewed 14954 times

Even the choice of colors in my little synth seems like they were selected by a "perfectly sane person" in comparison to the plugin I linked. Btw. They were not. :mrgreen:

Btw
Speaking of contrast. I have somewhat of a contrast issue in my synth. The grey knobs (and the rest for that matter) are lacking contrast and the top/bottom grey areas are contributing to washing out the entire UI. Especially on low contrast laptop screens. Might fix it later. A pain adjusting colors on shaded drawn/vector knobs.
R&R

Postby k brown » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:51 am

tulamide wrote:
k brown wrote:Current state:

v1.1gui2 copy.png

I hope I didn't mess with your vision? I really thought of the blue one as an alternative skin, once you made your preferred skin. Having said that, the latest blue version looks really good!

Trying a few things out; when I clean up the two versions I'm tinkering with (blue/gold, and 'cooler'/darker wood), I'll send them to Martin and see which he likes better; this is meant as a tribute/gift to him.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby R&R » Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:49 am

k brown wrote:Trying a few things out; when I clean up the two versions I'm tinkering with (blue/gold, and 'cooler'/darker wood), I'll send them to Martin and see which he likes better; this is meant as a tribute/gift to him.

So leaving us with a cliffhanger? :P
R&R

PreviousNext

Return to General