Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

6 bools in single preset parameter

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: 6 bools in single preset parameter

Postby tulamide » Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:18 pm

R&R wrote:If I can have strings, the sky is the limit... HEX or straight of using any number of letters as the base. Splendid!

I'm glad I could be of service :mrgreen:
But unfortunately I have to slow you down. Any number of letters is not possible. A preset string is limited to 255 ascii characters (=255 byte). Still, that's a lot :)
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby R&R » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:08 pm

Thanks for the advice, this will likely alleviate my problems with loading time by alot...

tulamide wrote:But unfortunately I have to slow you down. Any number of letters is not possible. A preset string is limited to 255 ascii characters (=255 byte). Still, that's a lot

255 is far more than i'll ever need :lol:

First of all... I have to try using strings in a preset for the first time :P
Then ponder a bit what makes most sense how to use them in my particular case.
Last edited by R&R on Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
R&R

Postby R&R » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:26 pm

Using map as you suggested Tulamide, to spit out 0,1 integers from Ruby box will work perfect for now I think 8-)

Took a while but seems to work with my reset schematics and insane amount of selectors :D after some additional trigger blockers and "changed prims" etc to avoid potential trigger storm and unwanted triggers during knob movements.

Guess there will be a little extra overhead since alot of knobs are sharing the same string, that has to be updated, but shouldn't cause problems I hope. I'll keep my structure as is and let the strings be around max 30 chars per preset.

Going to try and implement it with dropdowns eventually. Have to see first if using strings this way is stable when scaling up :lol:
R&R

Postby R&R » Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:22 pm

Hmmm... :oops: :roll:
Noticed this "carry over" to poly... after working alot in green. I have to go through alot of my poly schematics or?
Edit: Phew!... luckily wasn't that many :lol:
Using_Green_Nodes.jpg
Using_Green_Nodes.jpg (104.36 KiB) Viewed 11769 times

Question... anyone know how this prim works inside or looks in Ruby?
Edit: Seems slightly different from just doing a for/while/times loop in the Ruby box. Might be a changed and/or samplehold behaviour due to having stored internal input variable, but still passing the trigger along...
Array_Splitter.jpg
Array_Splitter.jpg (34.12 KiB) Viewed 11769 times
R&R

Previous

Return to General