Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Kinda crickets around here lately.

For general discussion related FlowStone

Kinda crickets around here lately.

Postby k brown » Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:20 pm

All the action's over on Facebook and Discord these days?
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Re: Kinda crickets around here lately.

Postby tulamide » Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:37 am

I think it's fair to say, the lack of responses answers your question. :D
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:05 am

Not ALL the action! Look… it’s me… :lol:

I must say I don’t warm to the Discord format. I much prefer the forum approach because you get focused topics than can be easily searched, added to and referenced in answers. In comparison I feel Discord and similar services are more like a flow of consciousness, and I’m starting to see the same questions repeated as people join. Part of that might be the way it gets used, with quotes and answers instead of new threads being created, but I think the format encourages that behaviour.
However, it’s what we have and I can understand that the FS4 alpha will naturally prompt much more dialogue, even though quite a few questions would actually be better placed in this forum.
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:31 pm

I see that just the same. In our moderator group I also asked, if we shouldn't point to the forum for all the beginner questions, especially as all of them already have an account here for asking for access. Unfortunately, the majority said they wouldn't mind.

This will get most interesting in the future. Some of them even blocked the mods. But not seeing their moderation doesn't free them from acting accordingly. Which might get them excluded. At that point the forum is their main spot again.

The discord is a chat based server. And it was always meant to be a group of people with experience, who report issues and bugs, comment on new features, etc. However, it has become a pool for people who just grab a copy and make synths with it, while only a few ever contribute to reports. With the difference, that moderation on Discord is much harder than on this forum. For example, people chatting in the help request group? You can't move those posts to the correct group. Only delete them. And we don't go that far. Unless it's disturbing the peace. Which only happened once so far.

But one thing is for sure. The discord server is only active during alpha/beta testing FS4. That was always its purpose.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby R&R » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:05 pm

Seems it's mostly me spamming (writing before thinking :lol: ) on the forum. Doing alot of talking to and answering myself :lol:
Occasionally getting corrected with solutions from you guys thankfully...

Maybe I'm the cricket Kevin is referring to? ;)

https://youtu.be/fTqxFIpc1j4?t=13
R&R

Postby k brown » Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:13 pm

Spogg wrote:Not ALL the action! Look… it’s me… :lol:

I must say I don’t warm to the Discord format. I much prefer the forum approach because you get focused topics than can be easily searched, added to and referenced in answers. In comparison I feel Discord and similar services are more like a flow of consciousness, and I’m starting to see the same questions repeated as people join. Part of that might be the way it gets used, with quotes and answers instead of new threads being created, but I think the format encourages that behaviour.
However, it’s what we have and I can understand that the FS4 alpha will naturally prompt much more dialogue, even though quite a few questions would actually be better placed in this forum.

I didn't 'warm' to Discord either. I found it poorly and confusingly designed and organized (to me anyway, which may not be saying much). I dropped Facebook from my life entirely for a few reasons; but I'm a hypocrite, because I'm still on Instagram . . .
Last edited by k brown on Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby Duckett » Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:36 am

Yeah, about Discord... I don't care for programs that default to starting up with your system, especially ones trying to connect to the internet. "Hey, software. I did not tell you to do that. How about you run/access the net ONLY when I explicitly tell you to, and at no other time?" Also feel the same lack of warming-up response to a chat-based format for anything other than bug reports etc. I feel that same unpleasant vague urgency that I remember from some old IRC rooms; I prefer to wander about and leisurely peruse posts and topics without feeling time-pressure.
We have to train ourselves so that we can improvise on anything... a bird, a sock, a fuming beaker! This, too, can be music. Anything can be music. -Biff Debris
Duckett

Postby R&R » Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:23 am

k brown wrote:I dropped Facebook from my life entirely

:D
Not condemning anyone still on Facebook. Facebook is what it is. Not worse than any other actor, like Youtube for example.
Giving up ones preference-data to algorithms is problematic when done at global scale... atleast in my mind.
Favoring real face to face interaction within ones social circle is a 100% sign of health.

Duckett wrote:I don't care for programs that default to starting up with your system, especially ones trying to connect to the internet.

Hmmm... you are basically describing Windows, OSX, iOS and Android? 8-) ;)
Bloatware-OS:es contacting all sorts of servers once online... In addition having backdoors.
The currency of all these corporations is the personal data used to build preference maps, to sell crap to you and other bad purposes.Their strategy is to create an actual or perceived dependency on these solutions. Everything is about control through information advantage and dominance. Sadly :roll:
R&R

Postby martinvicanek » Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:28 pm

Agree with you guys. I escaped from facebook many years ago (although I suspect my data has not been deleted). I never joined instagram or any other so-called social media. I also find discord less than optimal. I admit I use youtube as a lurker, admiring other people’s inspiring content such as Spogg’s videos. Some day I need to give back.
martinvicanek

Postby R&R » Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:13 pm

martinvicanek wrote: Some day I need to give back.

LOL
Just the fact alone that my entire newbie synth is based on your ASM oscillators/math/modules at this point made your post funny AF :lol:
As I have said previously... FS wouldn't be any fun for someone like me without these modules. I appreciate your work... 8-)
I'll probably stop spamming the forum "eventually" and go quiet for a while :P ...when my first plugin feels more completed. After that I'll have to learn some more math and stuff if I choose to move on to creating a second synth plugin with a bit more niche solutions and processing.

martinvicanek wrote: I admit I use youtube as a lurker, admiring other people’s inspiring content such as Spogg’s videos.

I enjoy Spoggs demo videos!
But i'm also waiting for that "live-guitar-playing-and-signalprocessing-using-assembler-podcast" MV... ;)
R&R

Return to General