Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

FlowStone 3.0.2 Released

For general discussion related FlowStone

FlowStone 3.0.2 Released

Postby support » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:29 pm

We've just released FlowStone 3.0.2 Firefly!

There was a little bug in the automatic update checking so even if you have this switched on you won't have had a notification on launching FlowStone. This has been fixed in 3.0.2 so it should work for subsequent releases.

The headline feature of Firefly is Follow Wireless. This allows you to trace wireless links in your schematic. Full details are in the updated user guide but if you want to jump straight in, simply select a wireless component and press the TAB key to jump to the first wireless component that connects to it. Keep tabbing and you'll cycle through all the components that connect before being returned back to the source.

We have another new feature in this release called Focus Mode. This allows you to hide the FlowStone editing interface and either preview or work with an application you've created. Click the Focus Mode button on the action panel of a module to see this in action. Again, more details are available in the user guide.

Another enhancement we've made is to the way in which you reference connectors in the Ruby component. As well as referring to them by index you can now also refer to them by name (so long as you have given them a label). This makes your code more readable and also prevents bugs caused when you change the order of connectors. So you can now write code like this:

Code: Select all
def event i,v
      if i=="name" ...
      elsif i=="age" ...
      end
end

The i input is an instance of a new class we've created called RubyEditConnector. The class has overrides for all the standard comparison and mathematical operations so you can use it as a string or an integer as you please. Assuming i is an instance of the RubyEditConnector class then all of the following syntax is valid:

case i
when "name" ...
when 3 ....
end

if i>2 ....

x = i+2

You can also use connector labels when sending data:

output "result", theResult
input "feedback", 0.5

# But integer indexes will still work too
output 0, theResult

You can get the name or index explicitly using the name and index methods:

idx = i.index
theLabel = i.name

There are a number of other improvements and fixes. For example, we've added some extra input parameters to the curve drawing and adding functions that allow you to do things like this (courtesy of MyCo):

Curve Segment HitTest.fsm
(120.61 KiB) Downloaded 1036 times

Hope you enjoy the changes!
support

Re: FlowStone 3.0.2 Released

Postby infuzion » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:17 pm

support wrote:The headline feature of Firefly is Follow Wireless. This allows you to trace wireless links in your schematic. Full details are in the updated user guide but if you want to jump straight in, simply select a wireless component and press the TAB key to jump to the first wireless component that connects to it. Keep tabbing and you'll cycle through all the components that connect before being returned back to the source.
Hey that's a neat way of implementing it! Gets the user where they want to be, & saves you the hassle of programming another drop-down GUI.

Does [Shift]+[Tab} goes backwards?
infuzion

Postby trogluddite » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:48 pm

infuzion wrote:Does [Shift]+[Tab} goes backwards?

Sure does! :D
Works like a dream - choose a transmitter, and it cycles through all of its receivers. Choose a receiver and it loops through all the transmitters. It even highlights both ends of the link in the Navigator so you don't get lost.

The 'Focus Mode' is more useful than it first appears too. You can choose any module GUI in the whole schematic to be the one that gets displayed in the "fake exe" window - not just your main front panel. So you could choose, say, a scope or FFT as your 'Focus' module, and then skip intantly to your analysis and back again - from anywhere in the schematic.
I like the choice of 'Shift + Esc' for that - dead easy shortcut to stab at one handed, but not something you'd press by accident.

Many thanks to the DSPr team - more "de-bugging" features have been on many people's wish-lists for a long time. This is great step in the right direction! :D

And thanks to MyCo for the curve segment example - precisely the feature I need to get my GraphicsPath editor working the way I'd like!
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby digitalwhitebyte » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:29 pm

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind. :mrgreen:
But still in this version a little bug for the float element, when you drag a value it starts from zero.
digitalwhitebyte

Postby tester » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:19 pm

So let's make now a list of non-fixed things, but including only these which don't affect the current architecture of schematics (backward compatibility). Good that among changes is the mono4 sine osc fix and export options for standalones.
Need to take a break? I have something right for you.
Feel free to donate. Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby jto1 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:23 pm

Thanks guys :)
jto1

Postby Nubeat7 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:51 pm

saved my day! thanks guys, very useful things!
Nubeat7

Postby fixstuff555 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:35 am

Wonderful! Thanks a bunch!
fixstuff555

Postby jjs » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:45 pm

Great news ! Thanks a lot.

@support Now how can you see if one of the packs is updated ?? Like the dsp, audio and robotics pack. There is no info but the download link. Thanks!
jjs

Postby Walter Sommerfeld » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:10 pm

Many thanks to fulfill one of my wishes: Follow Wireless and even show them in the Navigator :D

perfect!

keep on doing!
Walter

P.S.: User Guide.pdf download is v3.01 (solved now)

Focus Mode is awesome 2!
Last edited by Walter Sommerfeld on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walter Sommerfeld

Next

Return to General