Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

FS Crashes when this module goes in toolbox

For general discussion related FlowStone

FS Crashes when this module goes in toolbox

Postby billv » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:46 pm

Crashes everytime I try to put it in.(dragging in or right-click methods)
Module wont go into toobox.fsm
(63.66 KiB) Downloaded 1014 times

It's a Start/Stop circuit for a Drone Seq/Arp Seq/Host Seq module.
It's tested and working.
Tried dis-abling the Ruby parts before toolbox entry but same thing.
billv

Re: FS Crashes when this module goes in toolbox

Postby trogluddite » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:55 pm

Ouch - never seen that before. Does the same here - had a tinker with a few things, but I couldn't make it go in without a crash.
I'd get that sent to the dev's if i were you - needs a serious looking into.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby trogluddite » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:10 am

Gets weirder...

- Delete 'is Playing -' it goes in.
- Delete BOTH green links from 'Is Playing' (keep Ruby link) - it goes in.

Otherwise - always crashes. I tried removing the 'is playing' and putting a new one itn- still crashes; so seems to be a bug with that primitive - maybe be when they added to Ruby output something went wrong?
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
trogluddite

Postby tester » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:31 am

That why I definately want to wait (a year or two?) before start to do anything with ruby.
Need to take a break? I have something right for you.
Feel free to donate. Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby trogluddite » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:58 am

What has Ruby got to do with it? It's just a random bug added while something was being updated- no different than the mistake made with the sine oscillators in the previous update. Are you going to stop using oscillators now too?
And the Ruby part of it seems fine - no problem leaving that connected, only the green links make it crash - maybe it's green triggers you should be avoiding?

Probably safest if we all just stop using Ruby entirely - then whatever bugs there are will never be found, and it will be untrustworthy forever! ;)
trogluddite

Postby billv » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:06 am

Ok. Modulize it and it goes straight in.
Fixes the issue BUT does not resolve it.
Support-Ball is in your court..
billv

Postby billv » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:27 am

tester wrote:That why I definately want to wait (a year or two?) before start to do anything with ruby

Animated Gif Simpson (101).gif
Animated Gif Simpson (101).gif (102.54 KiB) Viewed 20877 times

Cm 'on tester, jump in and drown like the rest of us..... :lol:
billv

Postby tester » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:00 am

Too many ruby-related random bugs / #strange @events seem to pop up right now ;-). While bugs related to primitives are rather predictable and somewhat avoidable (due to sine bug, I switched into wavetables and learned about them), ruby is an open space of unknown interactions - i.e. too much is going on inside and around ruby, a really spooky virtual place. But this is my personal opinion, that's all. My split has a practical background - there are some projects, that I'd like them to work, with no excuses. BTW, if things wouldn't work, then I would switch the environment. I like you too Troggie :-). Besides in regards to ruby - I didn't say "never", I just said "right now". That makes a difference.

Programming is more an addiction than passion. I prefer to stay with my passion towards sound instead of addiction to green booleans flying up and around in my head when I close my eyes. :-D That passion is strong enough to prevent me from becoming addicted. ;-)
Need to take a break? I have something right for you.
Feel free to donate. Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby trogluddite » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:34 am

tester wrote:addiction to green booleans flying up and around in my head when I close my eyes

:lol: He he - you know me too well! I sometimes look around my little 'computer den' and think some kind of junkie must live here!

At least the good thing is we are getting the updates nice and regular now - if that carries on, the Ruby gremlins will be sorted much faster than the old green/stream bugs used to be.
To be honest, with Ruby being so new, I was expecting far worse problems than we have seen. Maybe I just got lucky, but it has been very stable for me.

tester wrote:I like you too Troggie

Likewise - as with any friendship, the differences in temperament are better than always nodding in agreement to every opinion.

billv wrote:Ok. Modulize it and it goes straight in.

:shock:
Very odd - seems like something graphics related - if you make a module, but set to reveal the GUI, it still crashes.
trogluddite

Postby billv » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:22 am

tester wrote:Too many ruby-related random bugs / #strange @events seem to pop up right now

Your probably right. i just started with FS-Still don't know what I'm dealing with. I'm probably
crashing FS as many times as Nix is at the moment, trying to work it out. :lol:
Still lots to offer though without ruby:
Toolbox is unreal except for the viewing method.
Being able to change green stuff on the fly is just awesome.
Look forward to when they get the "libraries" happening as mentioned in User Guide.
tester wrote:green booleans flying up and around in my head

Don't know about Trog, but the only way i can shut my brain down is to put it to sleep.
There's always something flying around in there-may as well be a Green boolean or two :D
trogluddite wrote:Very odd - seems like something graphics related - if you make a module, but set to reveal the GUI, it still crashes.

Could it be that it's dependant on being hooked up.? I mean, I have the GUI revealed in the Master module
and I can get that into the toolbox.?????.... :?
billv

Next

Return to General