Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Controlling an FX MIDI unit

For general discussion related FlowStone

Controlling an FX MIDI unit

Postby skull » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:44 am

Hi! I recently discovered all of this, and I'm really impressed with all of you guys! You are doing great things here, and I will buy the license soon so I can start testing, but I need to learn a lot, and first I want to try understanding how to make a GUI, and how to control with knobs, switches and faders any fx unit, or midi capable device.

I'm reading all here and in the old forum, but i'm sure that with a bit of help I will save lot of time.

Well, I need the following:
On both Standard MIDI and NRNP protocols, learn to triger and send midi CC, notes, etc, using knobs, switched, faders..

I will be learning around here to try to improve with presets manager, midi learn, automation, etc.

So, I'll wait for your comments, I will be posting around here my findings.
skull

Re: Controlling an FX MIDI unit

Postby skull » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:53 am

This example is great
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1016&p=2904&hilit=animated+knob#p2897

It works ok with my external device.

Now I need to know how to do the same with a button or switch.
skull

Postby skull » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:12 am

Ok, thanks to trogluddite and Max I finally get the switch to work. I attach the example, I need to switch on/off with midi, and now this works!

Now I need to learn how to do the same with NRPN, I saw some samples from trogluditte about this, let's see!!
Attachments
MIDI Rx Tx with switch.fsm
(4.51 KiB) Downloaded 990 times
skull

Postby skull » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:22 pm

Any Ideas?
skull

Postby trogluddite » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi there, skull, welcome to the forum.

You might find these old modules handy for RPN, NRPN stuff...
NRPN RPN.fsm
(1010 Bytes) Downloaded 985 times

They're set up so you use them pretty much the same way as a normal controller - just give them the LSB, MSB, Data and then trigger them. If you peek inside you'll see how they're set up to send the combination of CC's in the right order to create a valid message (the little 'tick marks' on the 'Send' links show which order the links get fired in).
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby skull » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:38 am

Thanks for reply! I'm trying to make a knob, button and switch, but I don't know how to send the parameters from the device manual, they are like this:

Equalizer (Address Page 11)
2 On/Off
4 Bass
5 Middle
6 Treble
7 Presence
Cabinet (Address Page 12)
2 On/Off
3 Volume
skull

Postby trogluddite » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:13 am

Ah, good old MIDI device tables, seems they always make them super cryptic!

NRPN's are always a bit tricky because they're specific to a particular device, and not all manufacturers use the MSB, LSB etc in the same way - I'd guess that 'page' is the MSB, and the LSB is the parameter number, but it could be the other way around, or even some weird hexadecimal encoding kind of thing.
Is the device manual that you're using available on-line anywhere that I could take a look? - I might be able to figure out how to tally up their numbers with the codes that FS needs.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
trogluddite

Postby skull » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:16 am

Hi, thanks for your help! Attached please find the documentation, they don't give too much info about it.
Attachments
Midi Parameter.zip
(58.28 KiB) Downloaded 944 times
skull

Postby trogluddite » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:03 am

Great.
Getting a bit late here now, but I'll take a peek tomorrow and see what I can make of it.
trogluddite

Postby skull » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:05 am

Thanks dude really apreciated! I just need a Knob, a switch and button so I can program all the device.
I'm thinking also about implementing the preset manager, midi learn, and automation, but one step at a time :lol:
skull

Next

Return to General