Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Scope's in FS

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Scope's in FS

Postby Nubeat7 » Thu May 16, 2013 4:53 pm

i`m not shure if this helps but with the mono to frame prim which also have the rubysamples input you can tell how much samples it should read or? viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1084&hilit=mono+to+frame
Nubeat7

Postby Tronic » Thu May 16, 2013 6:56 pm

Mono To Frame winth input for sample lenght
here is limited to max 4096 sample
:roll:
Tronic

Postby Nubeat7 » Thu May 16, 2013 7:30 pm

ah yes , ok i didn`t know that, iwas searching for it in the user guide but there it don`t exist?

i also was thinking about what the ruby sync primitive is doing exactly, because in the userguide yoou can find this:

"However, what you do need is a way to sync the Frame output with the Mono stream and also a way of
finding out the required frame size. This is where the Frame Sync component comes into play."

is it generating a framesize? or is it given a required frame size? because inthe example from the user guide there is a frame to mono on the output (which would need an asiobuffer frame size or?) so this confuses me ... how the sync prim knows what size is required? ... sorry i `m afraid its not really helpful for this topic too
Nubeat7

Postby Tronic » Thu May 16, 2013 11:00 pm

Frame Sync
the info in your output say:

"An event with size of the frame (sent precisely before the frame is processed)"
Tronic

Postby Drnkhobo » Fri May 17, 2013 10:35 pm

I have this scm from SM given by Trog. It is their attempt at a good ol scope. Its pretty awesome, but the thing is its not without bugs. He suggested changing the timing to be in Ruby but I have no idea how. . . .

The problem stems from the correct buffer size grab. As soon as you change the delay amount it messes with the scope.
Have a look:

SSC.fsm
(76.21 KiB) Downloaded 959 times

First notice the wet signal in the scope, then turn up the mix amount in the delay. . .
Try changing the delay amount setting, while you move it, the scope acts like its only displaying dry (not the delayed signal) & when you settle on a delay amount, it displays it wet (which it should)! But you get that gap of where its "dry" so its hard to tell the difference when checking back on your scope. . .

The buffer is detected by midi (i think) so maybe someone here knows how to grab the Frames & stitch them??? :?:
Have a look in the "get buffer" module . . .
Drnkhobo

Postby MyCo » Fri May 17, 2013 11:51 pm

Have a look at that:
http://synthmaker.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... 10&t=11773

It triggers sample accurate. But to allow this it uses huge hacks so that it doesn't miss a single sample. That's also why it uses a huge amount of CPU.
MyCo

Postby Drnkhobo » Sat May 18, 2013 8:33 pm

Ouch! Its damn nice MyCo! :D
Its for DSP pro's though . . .im just looking for a semi-pro scope :lol:
Drnkhobo

Postby MyCo » Sun May 19, 2013 9:24 pm

To come back to what I wrote:
MyCo wrote:That's actually something that I noticed, too. And it took me hours to find the reason for that. It's actually a problem with Ruby frames, they aren't synchronized somehow. I reported that to Malc already...

Malc found quite soon the reason for that problem. He probably could fix that in no time, but then we found out that the solution is just not the best way. So now he plans a general change in how frames are processed which could take longer. But the result would be much more stable and it would give us a real stable (slightly delayed) timing for Frame-I/O.
MyCo

Postby Drnkhobo » Sun May 19, 2013 10:19 pm

So now he plans a general change in how frames are processed which could take longer. But the result would be much more stable and it would give us a real stable (slightly delayed) timing for Frame-I/O.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Fking awesome!!!!!!
Drnkhobo

Previous

Return to General