Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

send data beween applications

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: send data beween applications

Postby MyCo » Sat May 18, 2013 7:50 pm

This might work with one sender and one receiver, but you'll post this UDP into your network and every PC in there is going to receive this.
MyCo

Postby Jay » Sat May 18, 2013 8:35 pm

Thanks for this MyCo

I have it working quite well by getting the ip address saved as a txt file within the main exe then loaded in the second application at startup! for my uses it works well as the second exe or dll are launched from the main one!

thanks for the demo and the info MyCo!

it would be great to get the use of sockets from within ruby for this kind of thing or a more complete networking solution in FS

or how about a dedicated interoperability IO buss system so FS creations can talk and work together!

Best Regards
Jay
Jay

Postby tester » Sat May 18, 2013 8:48 pm

MyCo wrote:This might work with one sender and one receiver, but you'll post this UDP into your network and every PC in there is going to receive this.

You right. But maybe there is a partial solution, depending on what bandwidth you use (what and how often you send; it's not streaming thing, yes?). If these are only some driving data (few strings per minute or less), then I would just add a mask inside FS apps, to filter received data. Not effective, but to some degree - usable I guess.
Need to take a break? I have something right for you.
Feel free to donate. Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby RJHollins » Sat May 18, 2013 8:52 pm

great ideas/suggestions Jay !

I have a project idea that I would like 'inter communication' between 'component' apps ... all within
a single PC. If this could be accomplished with FS, it would greatly influence my design approach.
8-)
RJHollins

Postby digitalwhitebyte » Sat May 18, 2013 11:13 pm

MyCo wrote:Yeah broadcast just works with UDP, the problem with UDP is, it's a "send and forget" protocoll. So no matter what you send out, you'll never know if someone even received something.

this can also be used to send the data port ip of the server.
but you have to write a minimum of protocol question - answer.

anyway, here's Win7 on the client side I disconnected the string for ip connector,
it suppose to set the ip to 0.0.0.0 or 127.0.0.0 when it nil ?
Strange but in TCP mode it works.
digitalwhitebyte

Postby SoundGuy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:55 am

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could help me out a bit? I'm using the "program communication (MyCo).fsm" file posted by MyCo. I set it to receive via UDP and I'm sending it OSC messages.The incoming messages will look something like this "/slider/value 0.63100". I can see the incoming messages but I can't figure out how to setup a knob within Flowstone that will change according to the value received. The values will be floats between 0.0 and 1.0.

If someone could post a couple of examples it would be greatly appreciated. One with just a single knob and perhaps a second example that would detect two different incoming messeges such as "/slider/value1" and "/slider/value2" and adjust the corrisponding knob1 or knob2.

Thank you
SoundGuy

Postby KimSteff » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:39 pm

I have used the network client <-> server communication. I work fine,, But is a bit complex and will not work if you have other network client <-> server communication going on!

I would use the (one exe saves data, second exe reads them) approce. The "reciever" can read the txt file like every secound for any new info from the first app. This is relativ simple to implement.
KimSteff

Postby jjs » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:16 pm

I allready do the same thing, but then the 2 applications works on one PC.
First application writes the generated data.
And 2nd application reads and displays it. (the idea is to have the 2nd application on a BIG screen)

see: http://sourceforge.net/projects/bs5figh ... =directory
jjs

Postby chackl » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:54 pm

Sending data between 2 Programs hase also been a Problem in SynthMaker - but now when flowstone got more and more Options, it was too important to me to get an running solution.

So Flowstone got the Server and Client module and i di an addon for it:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2215

Some monthes ago i did a similar with a variable Server that exchanges data P2P. It is also somewere here in der Forum i can not find it now :P

But the shematic i finished today with the Basics will work on one PC OR on more - You are able to use it local or in LAN (Also Internet would be possible with the correct WAN Settings - but the FlowStone-server-module is too unsave at the moment for those kinds of operations)

Regards
100% accuracy is the guarantee to your success. The value alters if you combine it with musical creativity.
chackl

Previous

Return to General