Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Quick Question

For general discussion related FlowStone

Quick Question

Postby Nickateenbeats » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:32 am

Is it possible to have a wave file loader with categories? And if yes, is there a way to do it similar in the example below? ( Instead of a drop down menu, the categories will be on the left and the presets on the right)
Attachments
Nexus preset manager.jpg
Nexus preset manager.jpg (171.58 KiB) Viewed 9418 times
Nickateenbeats

Re: Quick Question

Postby tulamide » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:03 pm

Yes. But of course there are several ways to do it. I created one of those ways, a year or more ago. But I can't remember in what thread it was. It could have been one from adamszabo or Spogg. (I moved to 3 different PCs in that time, unwanted. So lost a lot of schematics)
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Nickateenbeats » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:19 am

Ahh that sucks. I guess i will have a look around and see what i can find. I wanna attempt to make my own but i have no knowledge on how to create a manager. I seen a post about the same kind of manager a while back, but nothing ever came about it i guess.
Nickateenbeats

Postby tulamide » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:20 pm

Maybe this can help you get started. It is a file reader that creates a hierarchical tree list of a folder's content (recursively, so gets all sub folders and their content as well) and filters according to a file ending that you set (for example .txt or .wav)

This example uses a droplist to present the result, but this isn't necessary. The Ruby class creates a csv that follows the conventions of a menu string ('<<' and '>>' to enclose contents of a subfolder). You could alter this method to spit out just the content of a selected folder instead.

Please read the whole thread, as I didn't explain the intended usage, before Spogg asked for it. The details therefore are only found in the thread, not the schematic. Spogg uses this system successfully in a few of his synths to date, so it shouldn't be too difficult to understand in terms of Ruby.

viewtopic.php?t=6556&p=29848#p29848
tulamide

Postby tulamide » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:28 pm

Sorry, I just noticed that you already know about this and commented on that other thread. So it obviously didn't help you :cry:
tulamide

Postby Nickateenbeats » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:02 am

Yeah im still a noob at this. Would it be possible to take an existing preset manager that already has categories and replace the "text file" module with a wav array or wave file module?
Nickateenbeats

Return to General