Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

more than one presetmanager in a project?

For general discussion related FlowStone

more than one presetmanager in a project?

Postby Nubeat7 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:05 pm

hallo, i want to make presets for my stepsequencer inside my plugin, so i need to have one presetmanager for global and one for the stepsequencer and the global one should also save the choosen preset of the stepsequencer..

how should i do this - i remember there was a thread on the sm forum but i couldn`t find it...
Nubeat7

Re: more than one presetmanager in a project?

Postby tester » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:41 pm

Depends on what you use - theoretically you could use one preset manager to handle multiple "savings". It will not work for "preset string" primitive, but for values - yes. Trigger order through individual trigger blocking - can decide whether specific preset should be turned on or off for saving.

From what I remember - multiple preset managers should be fine for exe apps, but not fine for VST plugins (i.e. for hosts that operate on them).

Tried to search on SM forum with phrases like: multiple preset manager ?
Need to take a break? I have something right for you.
Feel free to donate. Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby Nubeat7 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:31 pm

i think to save snapshots for the stepseqencer, a comfortable way is to save the array in a stringpreset (1 for each snapshot) thats an easy solution when you dont need much more then 8 or so...

just was wondering that i need to have a text primitive in between the string preset output and the float array connection...

because when you connect a text list to an array connection you can feed the array with it but if it comes out of the stringpreset it don`t - you need the text primitive in between - is this a bug? or why i need the text prim to get readed by an array input?
Nubeat7

Postby trogluddite » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:59 pm

Nubeat7 wrote:is this a bug? or why i need the text prim to get readed by an array input?

Yes, I have seen this problem too - it has been around a long time in SM.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby billv » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:59 am

Nubeat7 wrote:i remember there was a thread on the sm forum but i couldn`t find it...

http://synthmaker.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11738#p89192
billv

Postby Nubeat7 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:23 am

thanks billv! i will try this out..
Nubeat7

Return to General