Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Filtering MIDI CC data ?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Filtering MIDI CC data ?

Postby RJHollins » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:18 am

Here's a new situation I'm needing to find a way to handle.

With a KNOB, I'm sending out some MIDI CC data [Vol #7], and everything is working fine ...

but when I look at the MIDI analyzer display, I'm noticing quite a few duplicates of identical CC commands and value. :o

Using the CNTRL and mouse click on the knob sends it to its zero default position, and the CC data is just a single value [correct]. It seems that [even though the knob is 'stepped'], the manual movement of the knob is send all the data generated.

My question ... even though there is not a lot of data that needs sending, I'm still thinking that I should look for a way to strip out this duplication in the data stream.

First, does this make sense? Second ... trying to figure out the cleanest way to do this? RUBY is still fairly new to me, but I've had some [small] success with it. I also looked at several of the green prims, but still not sure how to put this logic together :|

Thinking out loud, it would seem I need to get the first value and hold it. Get the 2nd value, compare it. If the same, throw it out and get the next value ... if different ... pass it on to the MIDI OUT.

This is a crude explanation ... but I can't seem to get the concept into code :shock:

Anybody have a suggestion/idea to kick start me ???

Thanks!
RJHollins

Re: Filtering MIDI CC data ?

Postby chackl » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:31 am

Take a lookt at that schematic.

If you use a real knob and use a "changed" element this will be have problem to sand data only if the integer of the value was changes.

A knob yould trigger 7,02 and next 7,45 - both would become 7 as integer - so the value 7 is triggered twice.

Regards
Attachments
cc-change.fsm
(12.17 KiB) Downloaded 827 times
100% accuracy is the guarantee to your success. The value alters if you combine it with musical creativity.
chackl

Re: Filtering MIDI CC data ?

Postby RJHollins » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:20 am

chackl wrote:Take a lookt at that schematic.

If you use a real knob and use a "changed" element this will be have problem to sand data only if the integer of the value was changes.
A knob yould trigger 7,02 and next 7,45 - both would become 7 as integer - so the value 7 is triggered twice.
Regards

Hi chackl,

Thank-you for stopping by on my thread.

The 'CHANGE' primitive was exactly the solution !!! :D

I'm still getting adjusted to the FS toolbox display, and I've not completely transfered my collection of tools from SM.

But with your example, I now see it ... and that cleaned up all the duplication.

BIG Thanks !!! 8-)

BTW ... I've been following along some of your recent postings, and appreciate all the learning I can !!
RJHollins

Return to General