Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Random number generator

For general discussion related FlowStone

Random number generator

Postby TeslaTronik » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:57 pm

Im using Rand Module to make a Random number generator, i assumed the seed option would allow for the input of a seed then a sequence of random number based of that seed, bbut it does not work how i expect. to clarify i want to input a value or string as a seed and based of that seed the random numbers should always have the same sequence.

I.E-- Seed = egg : result = 1,,5,33,7,,5,6,3,4...ect.. so egg should always produce this sequence.

Any idea how i can get this behaviour?

Thanks.
TeslaTronik

Re: Random number generator

Postby tulamide » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:13 am

Hmm, I'm not sure where your issues come from, but the rand prim does exactly that!

I don't have access to FS3 right now, but if you recreate the screenshot (I've set up 2 seeds, you can freely choose to always use the same, or alternate as you see fit), it should work.

"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby BobF » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:47 pm

Hello TeslaTronik,

Try these and see how they work for you!

BobsRandNumberGenerators.fsm
(186.3 KiB) Downloaded 749 times

Later then, BobF.....
BobF

Postby TeslaTronik » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:39 pm

@ tulamide, Yes you are correct, it was the method of how i hooked it up which was wrong. thank you.

@Bobf thanks i will take a look at these :),, i love the idea of randomly generated parameters and sounds.. so the more methods the better.
TeslaTronik

Return to General