Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Gooey GUI - a peculiar way to crash FS!

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Gooey GUI - a peculiar way to crash FS!

Postby trogluddite » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:22 pm

Ooops! :oops:
My bad - uploaded the wrong version of the bug test, so that it doesn't even "RUN"! The correct file is now in my previous post!

@tulamide: Cheers!
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby Spogg » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:24 pm

I posted before I read your next message.

I can confirm that I got the exact same crash as you.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby RJHollins » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:26 pm

Tested with FS 3.07 Win7[64]

Just as You described. With REF=TRUE, ran a long time, no problem.

Switch REF=FALSE ... click Run .... Instant HARD CRASH.
RJHollins

Postby trogluddite » Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:46 pm

Spogg wrote:I posted before I read your next message.

Glad you did; I wouldn't have noticed otherwise - thanks! :D There would have been no post to be "before" otherwise, and then.... oh, wait... sorry, I forgot you're Vulcan. :oops: I've heard you guys get up to all sorts of causality-breaking space-time shennanigans all the time! :lol:

@RJHollins: Thanks!
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
trogluddite

Postby Spogg » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:50 am

trogluddite wrote: There would have been no post to be "before" otherwise, and then.... oh, wait... sorry, I forgot you're Vulcan. :oops: I've heard you guys get up to all sorts of causality-breaking space-time shennanigans all the time! :lol:

Thank you Mr Trogluddite. You reminded me that nobody here on Earth understands the full implications of quantum entanglement yet.
Spogg

Postby RJHollins » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:45 am

Spogg wrote:
trogluddite wrote: There would have been no post to be "before" otherwise, and then.... oh, wait... sorry, I forgot you're Vulcan. :oops: I've heard you guys get up to all sorts of causality-breaking space-time shennanigans all the time! :lol:

Thank you Mr Trogluddite. You reminded me that nobody here on Earth understands the full implications of quantum entanglement yet.

I remember some of my early SW projects.

That was entanglement on a quantum level :shock: :oops:
:lol:
RJHollins

Postby trogluddite » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:29 pm

RJHollins wrote:That was entanglement on a quantum level :shock: :oops:

Hence the coder's slang; Heisenbug! :ugeek:
trogluddite

Postby RJHollins » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:05 pm

trogluddite wrote:
RJHollins wrote:That was entanglement on a quantum level :shock: :oops:

Hence the coder's slang; Heisenbug! :ugeek:

Well ... not so much bugs [plenty there] .... but the schematic layout. Spaghetti looked more organized :lol:

Learning from GURU posts. Regardless of the schematic function, I now try to organize/layout my schematics in a much more 'clean' way. Grouping sections into 'modules' for one thing. [similar to sub-routines i suppose]. Doing that also help exposed some bugs, and redundant routing, as well as better Trigger Management.

Guess the bottom line for me is, study the posted work of experienced F-Stoner's.

Thanks GANG !
8-)
RJHollins

Postby trogluddite » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:05 pm

RJHollins wrote:Doing that also help exposed some bugs

This is very often the case in my experience. If I'm going to add even the smallest of functions to a schematic, I'll try to wrap it in a module which I can test in isolation to make sure it does exactly what's intended before linking it into place. If I discover a schematic bug later, there are then lots of "sub-routines" that there's a good chance I can discount. As you say, this is particularly valuable for trigger management; I always check whether one trigger in really does mean only one trigger out - I'd assign a shortcut key for the trigger counter if I could!
trogluddite

Postby RJHollins » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:44 pm

After Your [i believe] Trigger Class [SM forum] ... I have multiple Trigger Counters monitoring throughout the schematic. I've learned to use 'blockers' along the way.

Even though my FS projects have 'real-time' performance demands ... I still try for an optimized, efficient project.

That part is relatively easy. Much more challenging is the broad programming and logic knowledge that's used to solve and interact within the schematic and final program use.

Looking through really good projects, I've spotted combinations of PRIMS or RUBY that elegantly perform a basic function. [something even as simple as a logic switch, etc]. Several times I've been able to replace my more more complicated section with elegance.

I do this as a hobby, fun, relaxation ... and a mental challenge, and hopefully a useful tool.

I hope the next generation of FS arrives, and hope it expands beyond.

My current project handles my Time Log and Client Billings per DAW project. Some things like Printing, or EXPORTING to an EXCEL format are a few things I don't know possible. But with the help from generous, knowledgeable 'F-Stoners', I already have this as a working VST plugin, and really helps managing my Mastering Business.

To that .... my continued THANKS to you Guys !!
RJHollins

PreviousNext

Return to General