Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

About schematics.

For general discussion related FlowStone

About schematics.

Postby Halon » Mon May 13, 2019 4:41 am

Ive been wondering about if it is allowed to use passwords for downloading schematics you've uploaded. Ive seen my schematics downloaded many times without a single reply and it bugs me. I do upload my schematics for anyone but it would be nice to get a 'thanks'. Im not targetting active members, only those who dosent reply.

This way active members could download mine/your schematic. Good idea ?

Cheers.
Halon

Re: About schematics.

Postby Spogg » Mon May 13, 2019 7:51 am

Hi Halon

This frustration has been raised quite a few times in the past. I see many downloads of my stuff, but it’s only the few usual suspects who take the time to comment. It surprised me 4 years ago but I’m used to it now.

I take a philosophical view that I do what I do primarily for me; that’s the motivation. A comment is of course a great bonus, even if it’s critical. I derived great benefit from tulamide’s, KG’s and Martin’s critical comments and advice in the past; they helped me improve (I hope!). I try to do the same for other’s when possible.

I’m not aware of a mechanism for password protection for the download itself. All you could do is make a VST plugin which requires a password or key file to function.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby adamszabo » Mon May 13, 2019 8:04 am

One can save the file in a zip or rar compressed file which you can set a password. And then peoplecan only open the file when they private message you for the password? Id say thats a bit overkill and I am om Spogg on this one. Mainly do it for your self, and if you feel like contributing do it without any expectations.
adamszabo

Postby RJHollins » Mon May 13, 2019 8:36 am

also keep in mind ... some download a file ... only to test/look at it at a later time.

Later, after the Spam Bot go to town ... sometimes things, comments, get forgotten until the topic returns.
RJHollins

Postby Spogg » Mon May 13, 2019 8:42 am

@Adam

I'm getting old and stupid :cry:

I never even thought about a password protected zip or rar :oops:

However, I think if people started to do this, all that would happen is nobody would bother to download their stuff.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby Halon » Mon May 13, 2019 1:05 pm

Thanks guys. Im starting to think you are right. Maybe its just me who gets easily frustrated. Thanks again. :oops:
Halon

Postby RJHollins » Mon May 13, 2019 5:31 pm

It's not just you.
RJHollins

Postby Halon » Mon May 13, 2019 6:25 pm

Good to hear im not the only one. Has this happened to you recently?
Halon

Postby kortezzzz » Tue May 14, 2019 11:37 pm

I think that the best thing to do in that case for both uploaders and downloaders would be removing the downloads counter. In this case, it gives nothing but broken heart to those who share.
kortezzzz

Postby Halon » Wed May 15, 2019 4:48 pm

Hehe true.
Halon

Return to General