Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Bending Text ?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Bending Text ?

Postby tulamide » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:37 am

Another two weeks have past. No text bending tool. I start to think, that you have a big mouth but never deliver.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby ChrisHooker » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:25 pm

I'm a little late to the party here (been away from the forum for a while)... but I've worked up an example. Hope it fits the need.

Fair credit where credit is due: I started with wlangfor's elliptical guide... but gutted everything else from his schematic.
Hopefully he doesn't follow Gibson Guitar's example and try to sue for use of a shape!
Attachments
Curved Text.fsm
(15.38 KiB) Downloaded 834 times
ChrisHooker

Postby Spogg » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:01 pm

OMG! That is simply AMAZING Chris. :ugeek:

I honestly thought this was impossible, certainly within FlowStone.

I looked into the schematic and simply have NO idea what’s going on, but it works and the configured options are wonderful.

Once again you’ve shown that someone with great skill and talent can achieve near miracles within FlowStone.

Very well done Sir!

Spogg
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:07 pm

I do understand what's going on and would have done the same (just with Ruby). The only downside is the limitation on characters. Everything else is executed very well. I love it.
tulamide

Postby ChrisHooker » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:31 pm

Thanks guys.

With respect to the limitation of characters, I've configured the schematic so that you can add as many characters as you want.
Where I have the 21 paste-synchronized "Angled Label" modules (Top > Curved Text > Curved Text > Curved Label), you can add more of these modules, and conintue connecting them the same way the existing ones are linked.
Attached is an example that goes up to 91 characters.

What I think is the biggest drawback to this schematic is that when stretching the ellipse out of round, I couldn't figure out math to get the characters to rotate accordingly - so as of now, they will stay rotated as if in a perfect circle. Hence my adding the "Character Angle" manual-adjustment array/text-box.
Attachments
Curved Text 2.fsm
(25.21 KiB) Downloaded 810 times
Last edited by ChrisHooker on Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ChrisHooker

Postby RJHollins » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:43 pm

This now reminds me ...

A module was made [I believe by NuBeat], that was a Gauge display around a knob.

I think it was done with Ruby.
RJHollins

Postby trogluddite » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:46 pm

Very cool, Chris - having it controlled by some knobs so that I can animate is the icing on the cake - I could happily play with it for hours!

You may not have realised it, but your little "Angled Label" module has been designed to work perfectly with the 'Draw Loop' primitive! (I only had to delete one Integer box so that the input index doesn't get incremented)...
Curved Text 2 Plus Draw Loop.fsm
(18.27 KiB) Downloaded 853 times
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby tulamide » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:48 pm

ChrisHooker wrote:What I think is the biggest drawback to this schematic is that when stretching the ellipse out of round, I couldn't figure out math to get the characters to rotate accordingly - so as of now, they will stay rotated as if in a perfect circle. Hence my adding the "Character Angle" manual-adjustment array/text-box.

An ellipse is a circle whose sin and cos components are multiplied asynchronously. So for example, an ellipse that is twice as wide than it is high, has the effect of cos() * 1 and sin() * 0.5

Hope that helps?
tulamide

Postby RJHollins » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:58 pm

I found an example of NuBeat's Gauge that he posted a while back. [mostly RUBY]

Gauge - NuBeat-2.fsm
(171.84 KiB) Downloaded 866 times
RJHollins

Postby lalalandsynth » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:44 pm

This is awesome !
lalalandsynth

PreviousNext