Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Any word on a 64 bit version ?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Any word on a 64 bit version ?

Postby kortezzzz » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:50 am

but it wouldn't make getting your 'slice of the pie' any easier, because your competitors also get the same advantage.

First @Trog, I would like to thank you for driving a this post to the philosophic direction. I believe that a little philosophy strengthen these kind of communities no less than any other technical post. And in addition, you gave me a chance to make my point. Like Nubeat7, also found your post very realistic and a well thought out, but... just realized that your approach is missing some "entrepreneurial spark". Seems like you are a typical great Chess player, but don't play Poker at all :lol: ;

My approach is more like "entrepreneurial oriented": first, I would love to have some tools that will give me (even) a theoretical chance to get closer to the big names abilities, because once it becomes realistic, it deterrent any big name that afraids of competition; a fact that eventually will pave the way of any talented FS developer to the industry, somehow. And that is a very big step forward, because with all the respect to the "big names", none of them would compete with a small developer's pricing that gives the "whole pack", and away chipper.
**Capitalism's main sin is that it always gives a major priority to those who control the production tools. supply this tools to the ordinary people, and viola! you get a healthier competition, for the benefit of all**.

it will be ripped off by a company with more 'horsepower' quicker than you can blink

Don't forget that "ripping" would be bi-directional... , a fact that bolsters my first paragraph... ;)

and use the financial savings to beef up their marketing campaigns

Well, I think that in these days of interenet, marketing campaigns are open for all. After I released my first free plugin to KVR, I had about 1100 downloads in 2 months, and more then 5000 visits on my site ! That are very pleasing numbers that gave me some indication of what is going to happen with better developing platform and a better idea... :)

I truly believe that the 'pioneer' days are long gone for VST plugins

Sorry, but I don't think so... 8-)

Please don't think that I am picking on you!

You don't have to apologize. Its a Legitimate (and interesting) debate and I prefer hearing as many opinions as possible to enrich my knowledge and outlook than seeing a death quiet Forum.

And just to "trigger you" ( or in your case, to "trogger you"... :lol: ) :
From my perspective, the game is wide open and we all are (or will be) part of it. We just need Malc to our side (and I, personally, even eager to pay for it!) ;)
kortezzzz

Postby trogluddite » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:49 am

kortezzzz wrote: Seems like you are a typical great Chess player, but don't play Poker at all :lol: ;

Bulls-eye! :lol: :lol:
Yes, always the pessimist. The important thing is to have THOUGHT of those things and have a tactic. If they don''t put you off from going for it, then yes - as we say here in Yorkshire, you have the "gumption"!
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby CoreStylerz » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:51 am

Can DSPR explain this:
FL STUDIO UPDATE....
The following features & plugins rely on 3rd party code that is not available in 64 Bit at this time - Buzz Adapter, Edison 'Clean Audio' function*, FL Slayer, Fruity Soundfont Player*, Synthmaker/Flowstone*, Wasp/Wasp XT.

*Planned for a future 64 Bit update.
Need my support for app development, website or custom scripts?
PM me if you are interested.
Experienced Java, J2EE, PHP, Javascript, Angular, Cloud Solutions developer.
CoreStylerz

Postby trogluddite » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:56 am

Nice spot, CoreStyler!
Mind you, the "future" is rather ambiguous - all the time from now until the end of the universe! ;)

As was said before though - it would explain why we've not had an update for so long. Making it 64 bit (and presumably with 32bit back-compatibility) would be a pretty big job, and IL do right not to let it hold up their own release dates.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
trogluddite

Postby Tzarls » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:19 pm

trogluddite wrote:Nice spot, CoreStyler!
Mind you, the "future" is rather ambiguous - all the time from now until the end of the universe! ;)

Now you´re exaggerating Trog. Strictly speaking "future" here means from now until the end of our civilization... ;)
Tzarls

Postby tester » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:00 pm

Want x64? Here. :mrgreen:
Maybe iOS supprt yet? ;-)
Need to take a break? I have something right for you.
Feel free to donate. Thank you for your contribution.
tester

Postby trogluddite » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:46 am

Tzarls wrote:Now you´re exaggerating Trog. Strictly speaking "future" here means from now until the end of our civilization..

Ah, but you're forgetting the alien civilisations - I saw this documentary once called "Independence Day", and it showed you how they have had Mac OS compatibility for years already (I think Steve Jobs must have stolen it from a crashed UFO or something).

That's why aliens are really skinny and have grey skin and weird eyes - aeons of time spent in front of computers in darkened rooms consuming only Doritos, cigarettes and coffee. It's so obvious!
They must be the universe's uber-hackers - for sure, they can do 64bit - maybe even a Microsoft OS that's really good!
:lol:
trogluddite

Postby RJHollins » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:53 am

now that you've mentioned it ... yes ...

hmmmm ...
:ugeek:
RJHollins

Postby tulamide » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:52 am

trogluddite wrote:They must be the universe's uber-hackers - for sure, they can do 64bit - maybe even a Microsoft OS that's really good!
:lol:

Even Jack O'Neill's best buddy Thor wouldn't be able to :mrgreen:
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Tzarls » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:29 am

"These aliens could be using the cosmic equivalent of Microsoft Outlook Express for all we know."
This is genius! And I thought that those sites about Andy´s mother being Jessie´s original owner were going too far...

But then againg, since FS won´t run on anything Mac, aliens are out of the equation. So "future" still means from now until the end of our civilization... unless you want to start a "Mac compatibility" thread on the forum! :lol:
Tzarls

Previous

Return to General