Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Make a File Directory

For general discussion related FlowStone

Make a File Directory

Postby aronb » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:38 pm

Hi,

I have looked around a bit and cannot seem to find out how to make a file directory to store a text file in.

For example, I have a text file (test.txt)
I want to create a directory, then store the file...

I can can create the file and save it, I just can't figure out how to use Ruby or any module to make a directory to store the file in :?:

Maybe I've just been looking to long for the answer :?

Thanks, Aron
aronb

Re: Make a File Directory

Postby trogluddite » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:05 pm

Ruby is able to do this via it's Dir module, and it's also possible by using the "Shell Execute" primitive to send a Windows system command.

Here's a module that does it using Ruby, which I prefer because it's easier to define your own action if the folder creation fails. Note that the 'create_folder' routine calls itself recursively with each parent folder name in turn, so it will create all of the folders necessary for the complete path, however deeply they're nested...
create_folder.fsm
(1.26 KiB) Downloaded 777 times
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby RJHollins » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:15 pm

Thanks TROG.

I've always used the PRIM FS modules for this deed.

But I got to say, it was one of the messier sections of the schematic [trying to keep connection path clean].

Seems it was always a challenge when transitioning out of FlowStone proper to the exported VST. But I did get
it working as needed. [what I needed was saving a TXT file into a dedicated FOLDER within an Audio Project Folder ... and have it Default to that [chosen] location.

I also used SPROG's technique of Saving parameters in a hidden PreSet Manager. Works nice.

Thanks again for the RUBY way !
RJHollins

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:54 pm

Thanks, that might come in handy

trogluddite wrote:Ruby is able to do this via it's Dir module, and it's also possible by using the "Shell Execute" primitive to send a Windows system command.

Here's a module that does it using Ruby, which I prefer because it's easier to define your own action if the folder creation fails. Note that the 'create_folder' routine calls itself recursively with each parent folder name in turn, so it will create all of the folders necessary for the complete path, however deeply they're nested...
create_folder.fsm
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby aronb » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:05 pm

Very nice!!!

Thank you very much Trog :D

I figured there was something in Ruby... all my searches came back with using GEMS, which of course we can't really use easily :roll:

Aron
aronb

Return to General