Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Furure Hardware Support?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Furure Hardware Support?

Postby fixstuff555 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:29 pm

Jay wrote:fixstuff555!

Flowstone IS Synthmaker with a couple of extra modules dedicated to various interfaces! Synthmaker can output VST pluggins and exe files and Flowstone only exe. and thats about it as far as differences in both platforms

We the SM community did not agree with the splitting and re branding of the product range or the separation of the new community! that is why most of the SM ppl stay over there and not here! Great pity imho since this community could have had the benefit of many seasoned users and gurus we enjoy over there! Maybe the lack of users of this forum will prompt ADMIN to merge us together eventually but i doubt it! Bloody stubbornness lol

There are a few fine fellows from SM land lurking here! Quietly! ;)

Yes you can use SM work files (osm) within flowstone. :D go get em!

The difficulty for the devs in providing work from SM land would likely be that it is not their work and a lot of ppl there would not be happy to have it moved due to feelings over the split/new company old product situation.
That wont go away either until things are set out in a better air of fairness for SM folks RE we have waited years for modules such as video,usb,mp3 etc and they re-branded leaving us without them! Lots of angry ppl was the result.
The feeling was generally that we were used as beta testers for some 5/6 years then slapped in the face!

eventually we got a couple of the more mediocre (none of the above though) modules and prim's and a raft of welcome updates to stuff and hopefully it will continue! Hopefully in the future i can log in here and see something other than tumbleweed ;)

Best Regards

Thanks for the reply. That makes more sense now. I loaded a couple .OSM sample files from the Synthmaker site last night, and they worked right out of the gate! Thats pretty nice. I'm not a big audio guy like you Synthmaker guys are, but the GUIs especially over there are phenomenal and will really help me get up to speed using them. Really major comment here to the site folks. Your doing yourself a huge disservice not bringing these two groups of people together. For example, I have a really good background from a controls point of view, and could easy contribute to discussion with SM folks on those aspects, and I'm sure vice versa get help from them on GUIs and audio-related questions. Success of any product in this industry is directly tied to your user base, and separating them out this way seems counterproductive to me.

That being said, another hardware support option. And this is huge. I come from an industrial hardware background and have a ton of experience using Modbus TCP clients and servers. This protocol uses ethernet and is an open standard, the source code can even be downloaded somewhere pretty easily. Your network client and server seem pretty limited to me, since its only string based. A module for both Modbus TCP Client and Server would be HUGE. This ties your product into virtually every industrial PLC and controller on the market today. I actually happen to have a ton of old buscouplers and IO slices from several manufacturers just sitting in my parts bins. If you had these modules available, hardware like that could be easily integrated into a flowstone project for distributed IO. This is really low hanging fruit in my opinion, since its open source, is very established in the market as a protocol, and would give Flowstone some real legs with industrial hardware folks.
fixstuff555

Postby digitalwhitebyte » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:23 pm

Embedded wrote:Also someone suggested MIDI support? It's already there!

We say yes,
but lack all the midi messages realtime.
And without those, you can not just say you have a midi support optimal.
:roll:
digitalwhitebyte

Postby urthlight » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:50 pm

I would like to use my Starting Point µChameleon and Pololu's MiniMaestro with flow stone.
urthlight

Postby Asbjørn » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Support for the 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator 3D mouse or any other 6-axis one-hand controllers would be really nice!
Asbjørn

Postby Embedded » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:54 am

Asbjørn wrote:Support for the 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator 3D mouse or any other 6-axis one-hand controllers would be really nice!

That's really cool, plus they have sold over 1 million of these. I could definitely use this to control my robot arm :)

I second this...
Embedded

Postby Embedded » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:57 am

urthlight wrote:I would like to use my Starting Point µChameleon and Pololu's MiniMaestro with flow stone.

Just checked out this µChameleon box. It says it can appear as a virtual serial port, so it should work already with FlowStone. If you point me to the control codes, I'll see If I can make a quick module for you to test?
Embedded

Postby Embedded » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:31 pm

urthlight wrote:I would like to use my Starting Point µChameleon and Pololu's MiniMaestro with flow stone.

I found the Com Port Codes in the Manual:
http://www.starting-point-systems.com/downloads/muChameleon2_Users_Manual.pdf

Try this test example and let me know if it works (you might have to tweak the COM port settings)?
Attachments
µChameleon Test.fsm
µChameleon - LED Test
(20.92 KiB) Downloaded 915 times
Last edited by Embedded on Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Embedded

Postby fixstuff555 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:34 am

Embedded wrote:

I found the Com Port Codes in the Manual:
http://www.starting-point-systems.com/downloads/muChameleon2_Users_Manual.pdf

Try this test example and let me know if it works (you might have to tweak the COM port settings)?

The file you uploaded is corrupted. Try uploading it again.
fixstuff555

Postby Embedded » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:45 pm

The file you uploaded is corrupted. Try uploading it again.

Try it now?
Embedded

Postby thespottydog » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:23 pm

Hi all

Meilhaus DAQ Hardware.
http://www.meilhaus.de/

Just the same as mcc hardware (http://www.mccdaq.com/index.aspx)

Its good cost effective hardware I have used with Profilab. I have only just found Flowstone and wow it looks like this could be good for me.

My projects would require ARM hardware development and hitting it with some XPe power could greatly reduce time. This is looking sweet.

I agree with post requesting Arduino and other MCU platforms.

!! :)
thespottydog

PreviousNext

Return to General