Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Furure Hardware Support?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Furure Hardware Support?

Postby fixstuff555 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:03 pm

Embedded wrote:
The file you uploaded is corrupted. Try uploading it again.

Try it now?

The file now works. Looks like your led on and off are backwards though :) Question: I was looking at you COM port schematic, and you have your port number 2 going to your CLOSE trigger. It looks like the integer output functions as a trigger on change, in addition to outputting an integer. Is that a documented feature? It seems pretty handy, thats the thing I like about Flowstone, you can dig into the code pretty easily and figure out how stuff works. Another question: is there a legitimate reason why the COM port selector module number is off by 1? I see everyone using it adds a 1 to it to get the correct number, but it seems a bit weird to me.
fixstuff555

Postby fixstuff555 » Sun May 01, 2011 12:24 am

I would like to control a PC keyboard..... Dumb right? I know you have a "Is Key Pressed" primitive, which gives a BOOL output for any given key being pressed. What I want is the opposite. For a BOOL input, a key code is sent to the PC that shows that key being pressed. This may be very easy, but I couldn't find a primitive, or think of a way to do this. There is probably a way to do this in the assembly code window, by POKEing that value into a memory location, but I wouldn't know how to go about that.

In particular, I want to be able to do this to control a MIDI synth with a PC keyboard selected as an input, and my use of a gamepad or something as an alternative input method.
fixstuff555

Postby DSP » Tue May 03, 2011 10:34 pm

Another question: is there a legitimate reason why the COM port selector module number is off by 1? I see everyone using it adds a 1 to it to get the correct number, but it seems a bit weird to me.

It's just that the selector modules start at 0,1,2,3 and COM ports start at 1,2,3,4 so you have to add 1 to the selector output.
DSP

Postby Embedded » Wed May 04, 2011 6:17 am

Re- Modbus - see new thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=216

Modbus works fine in FlowStone :)
Embedded

Postby senoadiwibowo » Thu May 05, 2011 4:10 pm

Please make Flowstone support with freescale multimedia processor, nec, tms (texas Instrument) and GPS (sirf3 or 4 or etc)
Thanks

regards,
senoadiwibowo

Re: Future Hardware Support?

Postby fixstuff555 » Sun May 08, 2011 7:17 pm

I have something else to add to this list. This http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/1336 would make a good wireless link for Flowstone's serial port. With the built in IO, it would be a nice combo...
fixstuff555

Postby gvalletto » Thu May 19, 2011 7:49 pm

I think Flowstone must focus on popular hardware that is already used by other famous Daq softwares. For example:
- labjack U6
- ADAM modules 40XX series Please!!!!!!! (or 70XX from another manufacturers, that are 40XX compatible).
gvalletto

Postby Embedded » Thu May 19, 2011 9:05 pm

gvalletto wrote:I think Flowstone must focus on popular hardware that is already used by other famous Daq softwares. For example:
- labjack U6
- ADAM modules 40XX series Please!!!!!!! (or 70XX from another manufacturers, that are 40XX compatible).

The Adams Modules are RS485 so are already supported in FlowStone!
Embedded

Postby gvalletto » Fri May 20, 2011 11:07 pm

The Adams Modules are RS485 so are already supported in FlowStone![/quote]

Perhaps I am a bit pretentious, but...
Some top graphic programming software (in example, Dasylab) recognize RS485 itself in one way, "and" recognize ADAM modules on other more easy way: it has an icon for each model of ADAM modules to drag and drop on the design! It is useful to reduce configuration to a few clicks to set input ranges. Have in mind that there are projects that uses a lot of that modules at the same time, and its migration from one pc to another one may be not easy to make it ready to run.
Are there ADAM modules in the Flowstone's toolbox?
gvalletto

Postby senoadiwibowo » Mon May 23, 2011 3:00 pm

Hi gvalletto,

in flowstone you can create everything related with com, rs485, etc. Flowstone gave you creativity in design. I think we need to see from different perspective if we want to understand :), please correct me if I am wrong

regards,
senoadiwibowo

PreviousNext

Return to General