Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Com Port

For general discussion related FlowStone

Com Port

Postby Saylus » Wed May 04, 2011 12:53 am

I am new to Flowstone, just downloaded the demo version to test it out. I'am hoping this will be an easy way to interface my microcontroller projects to a PC for monitoring and control applications.

I'am having success at opening/closing a serial port, setting the baud rate, ect.

I can not figure out how to send actual data. I'am just trying to send a simple on/off command from Flowstone to the microcontroller, either 00, ff, 00, 01 ........... anything. The attached program sends fafa hex when the "switch" is toggled, then it sends cccc hex when it is toggled again, not exactly what i was expecting.

I would really like to learn how to use Flowstone but, i'am at loss atm on how to proceed on learning it.
Attachments
ComPortTest.fsm
(10.32 KiB) Downloaded 1366 times
Saylus

Re: Com Port

Postby fixstuff555 » Sun May 08, 2011 6:19 pm

Use a trigger for your opening and closing port inputs. Sometimes Flowstone will hang the port if you open and close it that way. I got your switches to work if you load the schematic with both off. If the port ever hangs, you have to close that schematic to release it. Also use a string for your data - you have a switch- that never worked. I had to switch it over to a string. I always use "After Load" for the open - as long as you don't want to change the port number. Flowstone com port control can be a bit flaky at times - not sure if its Flowstone or WIndows, but there it is.
fixstuff555

Return to General