Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Ruby - Select from 'Number Pool'

For general discussion related FlowStone

Ruby - Select from 'Number Pool'

Postby RJHollins » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:14 am

Hi GANG ... working a a brain twister ... I've been scanning the forums, and experimenting with various RUBY commands.

Here's what I need to do.

I have a 'pool' of available numbers. These are MIDI Channel numbers [1 - 16] that are fed into 'pull-down' menus for User selection [16 of them].

The 'condition' is that a 'channel number' can only be used once [no duplicates].

From each of the 16 pull down, all channels can [potentially] be selected ... however, once a channel is ... that channel is not available to the remaining selectors.

Thus we'd have some type of 'pool' of available numbers to select from.

This needs to be 'dynamic', so that as various selectors set a channel, the 'list' is modified in realtime.

If a selector channel is changed, the available 'pool' is updated.

Each selector can only 'see' what channels are available.

-----

The idea of this is much like NuBeats 'FX Chain' selector [i think].

I mention RUBY, as it seems a logical choice to handle something like this. I'm not sure I'd know how to do this using PRIMS anyways :lol:

I'm trying to put a test schematic together, and hope I can put something decent to show ...

In the meantime, If the wheel has been already invented, or, you're so bored that this would be so simple to do ... I'd would appreciate 8-)
:lol:

... back to the experimenting Lab :|
RJHollins

Re: Ruby - Select from 'Number Pool'

Postby Nubeat7 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:48 pm

RJHollins wrote:The idea of this is much like NuBeats 'FX Chain' selector [i think].

hi RJ, yes in some earlier version i did it with radiobuttons and a dropdown menu

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1497

but i think that you want an updated list for the selectors which is only showing not used channels or?

this was some earlier stage, i have a look if i can find this still ..
Nubeat7

Re: Ruby - Select from 'Number Pool'

Postby Nubeat7 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:32 pm

here is some older version where used item get deleted in the list, to give a used item free you need to set the selector which uses it to no fx
Attachments
multiselector.fsm
(25.68 KiB) Downloaded 703 times
Nubeat7

Return to General