Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

Testing a Bug - Help Please! (Quick & Easy)

For general discussion related FlowStone

Testing a Bug - Help Please! (Quick & Easy)

Postby Perfect Human Interface » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:20 am

Hey there, I need a hand testing out a couple bugs if you could spare a minute to do so. :)

This is really simple. Basically just download the project files, load them into Flowstone, and see if they mess up the way I describe.

First Test:
Evil Buzz Noise.fsm
(31.21 KiB) Downloaded 778 times

Download this, open in Flowstone. IMPORTANT: Make sure you have a limiter in place and that you've turned your volume down low!
Now make sure nothing is selected (click inside the FS interface), and then simply press the delete key (triggers a recompile). This MAY spit out an infinite signal which will slam into the limiter and make an unpleasant buzzing sound. If not, try disconnecting and reconnecting some wires a couple times. If still nothing happens, cool, just let me know.
EDIT: I'm not sure what environment people normally use FS in or whether some just run it standalone, but alternatively you could just connect a "mono readout" to the output of this module and see if it shows a NaN (should read "-1.#IND" or something like that), and possibly turn your speakers off for safety.

Second Test:
wireless 20 bug.fsm
(5.93 KiB) Downloaded 791 times

Download this, open in Flowstone. This one shouldn't make any sound. You'll see towards the bottom a "mono readout" and a float value attached to a M2F. The value of both of these will either show '20' or '0.' Now simply connect the float on the left ('0') to the "Frequency" input on the middle module. The two aforementioned values should go to '0.' Disconnect it again and they may go back to '20.' If not, let me know!

I'm using the FL version of Flowstone (3.0.2); if you're using a different version please let me know what.
Thanks a bunch!!
Perfect Human Interface

Re: Testing a Bug - Help Please! (Quick & Easy)

Postby MyCo » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:53 pm

You are writing values to an input, that's causing troubles. Here is an excerpt:
Code: Select all
streamin freq;      // frequency of input (Hz)
freq = max(freq,20);   // no less than 20 Hz
T0 = samplerate/freq;

Never write to an input! Do it with temporary variables when required, or just inline like this:

Code: Select all
streamin freq;      // frequency of input (Hz)
T0 = samplerate/max(freq,20);
MyCo

Postby martinvicanek » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:37 pm

MyCo wrote:You are writing values to an input
Ouch! That's my fault. :oops: Thanks MyCo, fixing that makes the "wireless 20 bug" disappear.
As to the "evil buzz noise", I haven't been able to see it here (FS 3.0.3).
martinvicanek

Postby Perfect Human Interface » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:15 pm

Thank you!

So far, the people at the FL Studio forums seem to get the NaN bug (the "buzz noise"). Still looking for data points as to whether non FL Studio users get the same behavior.
Perfect Human Interface

Postby Perfect Human Interface » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:15 pm

Hi folks, giving this a bump because I still need at least one data point on whether the NaN bug (the "Evil Buzz Noise" one) shows up on non-FL Studio versions of Flowstone. TIA
Perfect Human Interface

Return to General