Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Users are reminded of the forum rules they sign up to which prohibits any activity that violates any laws including posting material covered by copyright

I support 64Bit development

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: I support 64Bit development

Postby RJHollins » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:42 am

not really.

My system is 64-bit. All DAW's are 64-bit.

I install all my FS VST's and when called are auto-bridged by REAPER.
I also have J-Bridge for other DAW's with no built-in bridge.

It works. In REAPER, the GUI is always 'floating' [that's what the bridge does].

If we could self wrap a FS VST as 64-bit, that would be very convenient :|
RJHollins

Postby tulamide » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:59 am

RJ, that's the point. SampleScience assumed they would have their own wrapper, which they don't. Just as you confirmed it only works with a bridge, either built-in the DAW or external, but not as part of the plugin.

Programming a bridge is not nearly an easy task! It's all about address rooms, size of floats, ints, strings, etc. JBridge had no competitors for years, and that's for a good reason.

I don't know why this comes up again and again. It doesn't change: The only way to have a 64-bit plugin is by having a compiler that produces 64-bit code. Whenever DSPR thinks it is worth the effort, it will be realized. Until then, please refrain from rumors. Or program a bridge that you bundle with your plugins. But that will take probably longer than waiting for a 64-bit Flowstone ;)
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby SampleScience » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:45 pm

tulamide wrote:Or program a bridge that you bundle with your plugins. But that will take probably longer than waiting for a 64-bit Flowstone ;)

Indeed, I have yet to find a programmer that is willing to do that. I'm fairly new to FS so I'm not really aware of all the things that happened before in this community, so sorry if it seems like I'm repeating ideas from the past.
SampleScience

Postby Father » Mon May 02, 2016 2:55 am

Its not easy to give up a genius program like flowstone, which was way ahead of time back in the day! But it looks like we have to move on...for now. This is me getting used to C++ :) :? :( :x :oops:
Father

Postby Spogg » Mon May 02, 2016 8:31 am

Father wrote:Its not easy to give up a genius program like flowstone, which was way ahead of time back in the day! But it looks like we have to move on...for now. This is me getting used to C++ :) :? :( :x :oops:

I think it's a great shame that you are thinking this way but I understand that if you can code, or easily learn to code, then you are not limited to Flowstone.

In my case I just love the graphical nature of building my ideas, experimenting and developing stuff without having to do any coding or re-writing of code. Put simply, it allows me to be more creative, directly. As a side benefit we can still code too (some of us anyway!).

if DSPR went bust and thus stopped developing FS I would still use it for my hobby. What I would miss is this forum and the many lovely flowstoners who contribute (very occasionally these days though).

I know about and played with SynthEdit, which I rejected in favour of FS, but is there any other application out there which has an equally graphical input stlye and is capable of assembling new stuff from the equivalent of primitives and bits of code?

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Mon May 02, 2016 12:32 pm

Spogg wrote:
Father wrote:Its not easy to give up a genius program like flowstone, which was way ahead of time back in the day! But it looks like we have to move on...for now. This is me getting used to C++ :) :? :( :x :oops:

I think it's a great shame that you are thinking this way but I understand that if you can code, or easily learn to code, then you are not limited to Flowstone.

In my case I just love the graphical nature of building my ideas, experimenting and developing stuff without having to do any coding or re-writing of code. Put simply, it allows me to be more creative, directly. As a side benefit we can still code too (some of us anyway!).

if DSPR went bust and thus stopped developing FS I would still use it for my hobby. What I would miss is this forum and the many lovely flowstoners who contribute (very occasionally these days though).

I know about and played with SynthEdit, which I rejected in favour of FS, but is there any other application out there which has an equally graphical input stlye and is capable of assembling new stuff from the equivalent of primitives and bits of code?

Cheers

Spogg

Yes, there is one. It's called Audulus and I made a thread about it in "Off Topic".
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby RJHollins » Mon May 02, 2016 3:06 pm

There might be another one called 'CNTRL'

and then I've seen mention of 'PURE DATA'.

I've not yet had time to investigate ...
RJHollins

Postby Spogg » Mon May 02, 2016 5:43 pm

tulamide wrote:
Spogg wrote:I know about and played with SynthEdit, which I rejected in favour of FS, but is there any other application out there which has an equally graphical input stlye and is capable of assembling new stuff from the equivalent of primitives and bits of code?

Cheers

Spogg

Yes, there is one. It's called Audulus and I made a thread about it in "Off Topic".

Hi tulamide. I just responded to this in your Audulus topic...

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby regressor18 » Mon May 02, 2016 6:20 pm

I just wish we had something from Flowstone on if 64 Bit was even in the works.

I love working with Flowstone, but at this point, unless 64 bit was on the road map, its just a toy and not a tool to develop new plugins with.

I for one do not code, so having a graphical program to to shape my ideas in is great. I developed a few plugs that ive wrapped in to ProTools that work well. But now, im 100% 64 bit and everything i did with flowstone/snythmaker is basically useless.

I keep checking periodically in hopes to see an announcement for 64 bit. At this point, i don't think its ever going to happen.

I just wish we had something from Flowstone....
regressor18

Postby Father » Tue May 03, 2016 1:07 am

Spogg wrote:I think it's a great shame that you are thinking this way but I understand that if you can code, or easily learn to code, then you are not limited to Flowstone.

Don't get me wrong I'm a fan, but It just bothers me all these potentials are being wasted. Flowstone feels right, because this is not the time to sit and waste time and energy on basic programming and coding same as many many years ago.
I have no idea whats going on with DSPR (because they won't tell us anything!) but if they can manage to step up the game, like supporting 64bit and mac, I'm sure it will be a hit . But for now its like a sport car that ran out of gas! Can't push it forever! Fill it up for god sake and let it roar hehe :lol:
Father

PreviousNext

Return to General