Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Multi channel output vsti. possible on FS?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Multi channel output vsti. possible on FS?

Postby kortezzzz » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:57 pm

Hi guys,

Just wondered if there is any way to export a vsti which has 8 physical outputs that can be recognized by the DAW, and allow multi channel approach, like for instance, groove agent. The main goal of this option is of course, to enable a physical send of each element to it's own audio channel in the daw's mixer, and by that, to allow the user manipulating each element with his desired vst effects (instead of seeding FS based effects in the vsti itself...).

Tried to perform it, but unfortunately with no luck; Not only that the daw even doesn't read the exported vsti, but even crushes (both cubase and studio one). Any advices from the gurus? :)

Thanks.
kortezzzz

Re: Multi channel output vsti. possible on FS?

Postby trogluddite » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:20 pm

Hmmm, not sure why you would be getting crashes, I've made VST exports in the past with extra channels - my old Soopa Loopa plugin has eight inputs and eight outputs, for example.
This is dependent on DAW support, though - some simply do not allow tracks to have more than just stereo channels - but usually in that case, the extra outputs are simply ignored rather than causing an error.
Also, in many DAWs, extra outputs will not get separate tracks, just a single track with more channels - e.g. like a 5.1 surround track, for example. This is the way I work in Reaper - tracks can have any number of channels, but sends can be selective about which ones they use, so I can send different signals to their own effects.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby kortezzzz » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:47 pm

Yes, you're right :)
My fault. My schematic was designed wrong. It does works. And we better give a name for each output before export.

Thanks!
kortezzzz

Postby ErvSoft » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:58 pm

hello trogluddite, a query,
¿ how do I increase the number of Asio audio channels in flowstone version 3.0.6 ?
ErvSoft

Postby trogluddite » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:21 pm

ErvSoft wrote:¿ how do I increase the number of Asio audio channels in flowstone version 3.0.6 ?

The number of ASIO channels of the ASIO primitive is determined by your soundcard's driver, so the number of channels can't be changed by FlowStone (the same for the DS primitive).

If you want additional outputs (or inputs) on an exported VST plugin, then you just need to add more mono-stream (blue) output connectors to the module that you are exporting. The DAW will (usually) see these as extra outputs, but how you route things to them will depend on the DAW. However, as you might guess, it may be difficult to test these extra outputs inside FlowStone if your soundcard's ASIO driver doesn't have anything to connect them to.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby ErvSoft » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:33 pm

Thanks Trog :D
I did it a few days ago, and it works wonderfully,
I attach the schema which is the same as I use to help the Multi midi inputs (made with fsm v3.0.6)

4 osc Midi Channels x 4 Audio Outputs.fsm
ErvSoft schedule 4 midi channels x 4 audio outputs (fsm v3.0.6)
(96.39 KiB) Downloaded 795 times

This one has 4 independent midi channels to play with and 4 stereo outputs to route into the Daw once exported, as mentioned.

now I will solve the free LFO
ErvSoft

Return to General