Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Dual monitors, dual applications

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Dual monitors, dual applications

Postby Asbjørn » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:17 am

What's the point of buying the Professional version when I can't get help to use it?
Asbjørn

Postby fixstuff555 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:16 pm

I'm sorry to say, that is one of the downsides to Flowstone. You will rarely hear anything in a timely manner from DSP Robotics. Usually only DSP or Embedded will answer questions, but as far as I know they don't work for DSP Robotics. I absolutely love the potential Flowstone has, but sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself :). Just take a look at all my posts that go unanswered, lol. Hopefully, if we stick with it, things will get better on the support side.

I would prefer any response at all, even if it is "no we can't do that easily", to nothing but the sound of crickets.
fixstuff555

Postby Embedded » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:16 pm

I think you guys have got the wrong end of the stick!

This is a User forum for Users, once the company start getting involved it stops being a User forum and start being a soap box.

The support for paid users is excellent, have you ever tried emailing support at : info@dsprobotics.com

All my support issues have been handled quickly and professionally.
Embedded

Postby Asbjørn » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:04 am

fixstuff555 wrote:I'm sorry to say, that is one of the downsides to Flowstone. You will rarely hear anything in a timely manner from DSP Robotics. Usually only DSP or Embedded will answer questions, but as far as I know they don't work for DSP Robotics. I absolutely love the potential Flowstone has, but sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself :). Just take a look at all my posts that go unanswered, lol. Hopefully, if we stick with it, things will get better on the support side.

I would prefer any response at all, even if it is "no we can't do that easily", to nothing but the sound of crickets.

Yeah, I agree, Flowstone is an amazing tool with a very high potential. What it needs is a more active user community, and for that to happen we need more participation in the discussions by the developers.

embedded wrote:I think you guys have got the wrong end of the stick!

This is a User forum for Users, once the company start getting involved it stops being a User forum and start being a soap box.

The support for paid users is excellent, have you ever tried emailing support at : info@dsprobotics.com

All my support issues have been handled quickly and professionally.

You have a good point, but I don't completely agree. The word "support" is only mentioned once on the DSP webpage, and that is the link to this forum, which tells me that this is the place to get official support. I'll give that email adress a try.
Asbjørn

Postby fixstuff555 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:04 am

I disagree with you on this issue. Until DSP Robotics builds a large enough user base to have a reasonable discussion about issues, they really do need to be involved in actively supporting the few users they have. What is stopping them from interceding into a topic with a direct PM, "Hello, we are interested in your problem and would like to discuss it further with you..."

I didn't realize that DSP Robotics didn't intend to provide support in a forum, which would help others fix the same issues. From now on, I will email them, and keep problems off of the forum.
fixstuff555

Postby Asbjørn » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:18 pm

You're right Embedded, they do answer quickly:

Thank you for contacting support.

Yes we are aware of this issue; it not only affects the screen size but the size of the schematic.

It’s on our list to look at for the next version of FlowStone.

Kind Regards

DSPRobotics Team

That's good news. If they had posted this in this thread earlier, they could have avoided a lot of frustration.
Asbjørn

Postby Asbjørn » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:47 am

I just tried to span a program I made over two monitors (1920x1080=3840x1080) with Flowstone 2.0.1, still it only covers one monitor. Has anyone succeded in doing this?
Asbjørn

Postby DSP » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:55 pm

Sounds a bit odd, I don't have a dual monitor card here to test but I have used them a lot in the past.

Usually you can drag any windowed application from one screen to the other and if it's half way you get a bit of both. So this would be the same for any FlowStone app. ??

What is it you are doing, diferent?
DSP

Postby Asbjørn » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:33 am

I forgot to write that I tried it in fullscreen mode. Switched off fullscreen and it worked, the application spans both monitors. :) The problem with not using fullscreen mode is that the titlebar and window frame takes up valuable pixels. I can not display 1920x1080 video on my monitor which has the same resolution because of this. And my app doesn't look very professional.

Any chance of getting fullscreen which supports multiple monitors in a future update? Or the option to hide the title bar?
Asbjørn

Previous

Return to General