Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Web Cam ID format

For general discussion related FlowStone

Web Cam ID format

Postby BigBang » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:39 am

We have a Minoru stereo camera in addition to a default camera on the monitor. We need to understand the format of the ID field on the WEB CAM module ideally enabling us to select individual sides of the stereo camera. We experimently found in the device manager, under hardware IDs that the two Minoru cameras PIDs were listed as 3410 and 3420. When we used these IDs the cameras do not work. We found that anything above 720 to 760 as the ID shows both camera outputs as an anagram. We cannot get to the individual camera outputs. Any ideas?
BigBang

Re: Web Cam ID format

Postby DSP » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:50 am

As far as I know the Web Cam ID is pretty primitive on Windows.

ID = 0 = First Webcam Installed
ID = 1 = 2nd Webcam Installed
ID = 2 = 3rd Webcam Installed
Etc.
DSP

Re: Web Cam ID format

Postby mildrena » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:09 am

What is the diffrence in video quality in picture or action captured by a digital still camera and a handycam? I wanna buy a digital camera. I can not decide wheather to buy a handycam or digital still camera. I am interested in taking small video clippings of kids playing or small parties. I am told that the digital still cameras may also take video shots of about half an hour. What is the difference in the video quality of the actions shot by digital still cameras.

Return to General