Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Samplitude Pro X4 (64-Bit)

For general discussion related FlowStone

Samplitude Pro X4 (64-Bit)

Postby alexischr » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:59 pm

Using Samplitude Pro X4 (64-Bit), even the simplest VST I create using Flowstone (standard or Beta) behaves erratically when bypassed on the DAW and then back on. The bypass on the plugins operates normally.
The plugins work fine with REAPER 64-Bit. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Antonakis
Attachments
SimpleWarm.fsm
The VST created behaves erratically in Samplitude Pro X4 (64-Bit)
(126.39 KiB) Downloaded 763 times
alexischr

Re: Samplitude Pro X4 (64-Bit)

Postby Spogg » Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:42 pm

Hello!

You need to say which version of FlowStone this was created with please, before we can go any further.

Have you tried version 3.06?

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby alexischr » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:37 pm

Spogg wrote:Hello!

You need to say which version of FlowStone this was created with please, before we can go any further.

Have you tried version 3.06?

Cheers

Spogg

Thanks for the reply! No I have not tried version 3.06. I used FlowStone 3.0.8.1 SKYLARK & FlowStone 3.0.9 BETA2
Regards
alexischr

Postby Spogg » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:16 am

The 3.0.9 Betas you can still unfortunately download are very broken. They were originally posted for testing but now the development is on-going elsewhere (on Slack).

So if you upload your schematic made in 3.08.1 we can have a look at it and maybe see what might be upsetting Samplitude (which I personally don’t have).

Many of us prefer to use 3.06 for various reasons. 3.08.1 is fine but more prone to crashing. If you should get seriously into assembler programming then 3.08.1 has more opcodes to play with.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby alexischr » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:33 pm

Simple schematic designed with 3.08.1. The VST created with this works fine in Reaper. In Samplitude Pro X4 (64-Bit) when the DAW's bypass is used and then back on, the plugin remains bypassed or "misbehaves"...

cheers
Antonakis
Attachments
SimpleWarm3.0.8.1.fsm
(125.76 KiB) Downloaded 763 times
alexischr

Postby Spogg » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:04 am

I’ve now had a look at this.

I’ve made changes which might allow it to work in Samplitude, but I don’t have this so you’ll have to try it and report back.

I defined the output connectors as Blue (mono) because they were undefined (right click on the output pins and select blue). A plugin's audio in and out must always be in Blue.

I added a preset manager (not visible on the front panel) in case there’s a dialogue issue between the DAW and the plugin.

I added an output limiter (clipper). This is important because it prevents peak audio excursions beyond 0.99 and -0.99. Some sound cards/drivers can hang up or behave unexpectedly if the output is illegally out of range (I had one; the SoundBlaster X-Fi platinum).

Let us know how you get on…

Cheers

Spogg
Attachments
SimpleWarm3081 Spogged.fsm
(411.53 KiB) Downloaded 765 times
Spogg

Postby alexischr » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:26 pm

Unfortunately it didn't work. Quite a mysterious bug, but do not bother! As long as my Plugins perform well in Reaper and Sound Forge, I do not mind. Thanks anyway...

BTW, is there a possibility for a new release of Flowstone?

Best regards,
Antonakis
alexischr

Postby Spogg » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:00 am

Then I must conclude that it’s something specific to Samplitude.
Have you thought about asking for technical support from them?

I haven’t heard of anyone here using Samplitude but, if there is someone, it would be nice if they could verify the problem for us.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Return to General