Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

DSPRobotics Announce FlowStone Version 2

For general discussion related FlowStone

DSPRobotics Announce FlowStone Version 2

Postby admin » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:04 pm

DSPRobotics manufacturers of the FlowStone graphical programming language announce the soon to be released FlowStone Version 2. This marks a milestone in development as now FlowStone has the full Ruby programming language built inside!

FlowStone V2.jpg
FlowStone V2.jpg (42.47 KiB) Viewed 29577 times

Ruby is one of the fastest growing modern programming languages as it boasts efficient elegant programming. The benefit of including Ruby inside FlowStone is that you now have the best of both worlds, an efficient graphical programming front end with the option to add Ruby code modules where necessary. For example this allows easy entry of equations, or scripted graphics, plus access to external API calls in DLLs.

What does this mean? Well basically it has blown the lid off FlowStone making it a universal programming platform for not only industrial applications but also general programming and application development! Developers can now write and share Ruby snippets used in FlowStone to expand the possibilities to every corner of computer programming.

More Information: http://www.dsprobotics.com/flowstone2.html
admin
Site Admin

Re: DSPRobotics Announce FlowStone Version 2

Postby sal » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:04 pm

nice move ;)

Is the update free for existing fs pro customers?
sal

Postby Asbjørn » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:56 pm

Does this fix the dual screen issue?
Asbjørn

Postby admin » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:07 pm

As with our company policy major upgrades (1,2,3 etc) will have a small fee to upgrade, subsequent dot releases are free.

and Yes we have increased the screen size to enable a two monitor system!
admin
Site Admin

Postby senoadiwibowo » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:26 am

How much money need to pay for current pro customer to upgrade to version 2?
senoadiwibowo

Postby Asbjørn » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:32 pm

admin wrote:and Yes we have increased the screen size to enable a two monitor system!

That's great!

I think the upgrade prices are to high, I bought the Pro version not long ago, and now I have to pay £250 for the upgrade. How long untill I have to pay for version 3?

Admin >> the £250 is only if you are a new user, existing users will only have to pay a small fee to upgrade!
Asbjørn

Postby trogluddite » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:47 pm

This news is generating a lot of interest over at the SynthMaker forum - but no announcements there (yet?)
Will these features migrate to a new version of SM?

Failing that, what about adding VST output to FlowStone - maybe as a paid 'add-on' to FS (free to those with an existing SM licence, maybe?)

It would be a shame for OutSim/DSPRobotics oldest and most loyal users to be 'left out in the cold' - already FS has features that SM users would gladly pay for, if only they were available cross-platform. Dividing the userbase in such an artificial, marketing-led way, has always seemed counterproductive to many of us - just look how many FS forum questions are answered by SM users, or with links to examples on the sister forum.

If the core programming environment were marketed as a single product with robotics/VST/networking etc. as reasonably priced 'add-on' packages, I'm sure that this would benefit all of your users, and your software sales.
Like all programming environments, there is a lot to learn to get the best out of FS/SM. The SM forum already has many very helpful and experienced users, and many great examples of the power available from the software - but many of us now feel that SM has become just an afterthought in the DSPRobotics corporate strategy, when we could have been part of one combined 'happy family', lending the benefits of our experience to users of the newer software (and vice versa).

Already SM users are drooling with anticipation of the possibilities that ruby etc. could bring, and have wiped the dust and cobwebs off their credit cards in readiness!
Only your users know what they want to use your software for - please, please let us decide for ourselves which hardware and export facilities we would like to add to the core programming engine; the two options currently available (FS or SM) will not suit everyone - already you have lost FS sales to SM users who would have jumped at the chance to use FS "if only....".
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby AnthonyTower » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:05 pm

trogluddite wrote:This news is generating a lot of interest over at the SynthMaker forum - but no announcements there (yet?)
Will these features migrate to a new version of SM?

Failing that, what about adding VST output to FlowStone - maybe as a paid 'add-on' to FS (free to those with an existing SM licence, maybe?)

It would be a shame for OutSim/DSPRobotics oldest and most loyal users to be 'left out in the cold' - already FS has features that SM users would gladly pay for, if only they were available cross-platform. Dividing the userbase in such an artificial, marketing-led way, has always seemed counterproductive to many of us - just look how many FS forum questions are answered by SM users, or with links to examples on the sister forum.

If the core programming environment were marketed as a single product with robotics/VST/networking etc. as reasonably priced 'add-on' packages, I'm sure that this would benefit all of your users, and your software sales.
Like all programming environments, there is a lot to learn to get the best out of FS/SM. The SM forum already has many very helpful and experienced users, and many great examples of the power available from the software - but many of us now feel that SM has become just an afterthought in the DSPRobotics corporate strategy, when we could have been part of one combined 'happy family', lending the benefits of our experience to users of the newer software (and vice versa).

Already SM users are drooling with anticipation of the possibilities that ruby etc. could bring, and have wiped the dust and cobwebs off their credit cards in readiness!
Only your users know what they want to use your software for - please, please let us decide for ourselves which hardware and export facilities we would like to add to the core programming engine; the two options currently available (FS or SM) will not suit everyone - already you have lost FS sales to SM users who would have jumped at the chance to use FS "if only....".

As a SynthMaker user I don't see this as an issue.

Why not just own both?
It's not as if they were asking five thousand dollars for FlowStone, right?
Go look at the pricing on similar software, like National Instruments' LabView...

I know I'll be buying FlowStone in the coming week...and I'm no millionaire...very far from it!
But for the price they're asking, it's more of a gift than anything else.

Cheers
AnthonyTower

Postby trogluddite » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:37 pm

Of course, it's up to each of us to decide what is 'value for money' - and I do agree, on the whole, OutSim/DSPR software is inexpensive for what it does.
For the sake of arguement, let's assume that Ruby does migrate to SM.
Let's say that the only thing missing from my amazing SM design is a network connection for remote control - I have to pay for the whole of FS (more than SM cost me to start with) just to add that one feature, because I am paying for a whole load of stuff that either A) I already have, or B) I do not want or need.
Rightly or wrongly, many people will see that as like having to buy a whole new car, just because they need a new spare tyre for their old one.
Similarly with splitting the forums/userbase. Folks looking for creative software want to know that there's lots of help available. If they just quickly skim the (dozen posts on a busy week) FS forum, then go look to see what help there is available for LabView (Yuck!), how is that going to sway their decision?- maybe the 'straw that broke the camels back' that led to the purchase of the rival product - maybe they would have been more tempted had they seen the oodles of help available over at the SM forums, but the fact that they are 'sister' forums is not obvious.

For the record, I love SM and wouldn't be without it. Seeing SM develop into a better DSP platform matter to me far more than the money. - but future development of that software depends on the fortunes and priorities of OutSim/DSPr. I just feel that putting their software into 'compartments', and splitting the forums/userbase, was not a wise choice either for them or their users.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby digitalwhitebyte » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:26 am

I agree with what Trog said.
I do not make problems to spend the money if what is offered is useful to me what I need.
So it's not a question of money, but what I really need, so it would be nice to see an integration of the features present in flowstone also available on synthmaker.
digitalwhitebyte

Next

Return to General