Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

New MVreverb coming soon

For general discussion related FlowStone

New MVreverb coming soon

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:59 pm

I had been helping with the mverb 7 project and found it an interesting thing to change images to use more math.

but now I wish to get serious add will add mid side, proximity and some interesting touches. More soon in this post.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Re: New MVreverb coming soon

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:19 pm

here is a mockup of this highly experimental reverb. I was inspired by some of the designs by valhalla and also, the colour scheme which MV uses for his logo.

I hope you like it Martin, I intend to add an updated version of some of the guts found within the vstplug whiteblack. It's a very powerful level of Alan Blumlein's original MS technique, utilizing phase, mono and one stereo channel used in two states of phase.

I was going to combine some of the settings so as to make it more user friendly. Like in the case of depth I felt that it should actually also be wet an dry, implying wet innately. Furthermore, some new settings (other than the MS high and low shelves) are compress and smooth. Compression is as you might expect and smooth is a subtle rider which basically smooths out peaks and attack similar to early analog.

The source will be available when it is done and i think it should be something cool and fast to use. I like to choose more challenging maths because I have ulterior goals such as one day figuring out LU to the extent that i can utilize dbspl conversion calculations to emulate dynamics and proximity on a finite scale. It's a tech that would revolutionize the ideas of finite audio measurement. Measurement only possible by defining loud and quiet as the finite LU scale does quite well.

So, here's the image and I will explain the various colour coding and what it means.

so, left and right (center) there is red clay walls. These are to illustrate there being more convolution as a result of there being more objects in the path of the diminishing sound. The blue and purple "shield" in the center is a cue to both the colour and proximity of sound. So, the purple/pink in this case suggests that the sound is dark (like in the case of white black I used white for bright and black for dark) purple/pink = dark, yellow = bright.

Some of these settings (like the low and high shelf) will affect one another, especially like how innately the mid ls and high shelf mean bright and in contrast the side hs and ls meaning darkness. But sometimes there are contradictions to the summation of synergies and I intend to make sure that the colour coding and graphical representation is as close to life as possible.

The floor is the "plate" and should plate be set to 100%, the red/clay walls will disappear (first receding and becoming shorter in sequence).

A very exciting product and I will attempt to make it as smooth as possible. TTYS
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:12 am

So, here's a picture of the latest schematic that I've put together so far:

and here's the schematic:
mvreverb_005.fsm
mv reverb 005
(64.02 KiB) Downloaded 1015 times

and here's the youtube vid
https://youtu.be/jVO7ymtohIw

I'll have to make a new circular text maker for the inverted text on the bottom. It won't be too hard though I am very impressed by Mr. Hooker's schematic - it's brilliant, but the difference is My solution to do the same thing is frankly 20 times as simple. His coding is so intricate, and I give him props, but I figured out a simpler way.

This should sound a bit like x-verb maybe or a waves reverb.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:51 pm

This reverb has a feature that is rarely devised and that is the approximation of LU and testing for it. The only method that I can use which is most relevant would be to create an array based upon frequency that contains the statistical deviance of the a-weighting and ultimately root means square implied.

This is a length-ly thing to do and will require a great deal of testing. The thing is I need to gather PDF's from university sites; I need to look at various standards set by organizations such as the american broadcast council and furthermore I need educational videos from youtube to achieve this.

I'm being prevented though, from doing that an following this educational pursuit and for that, I apologize for the delay. I will try and sort out those details and get back to you on that and with that relevant array.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby ChrisHooker » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:06 pm

wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:I'll have to make a new circular text maker for the inverted text on the bottom. It won't be too hard though I am very impressed by Mr. Hooker's schematic - it's brilliant, but the difference is My solution to do the same thing is frankly 20 times as simple. His coding is so intricate, and I give him props, but I figured out a simpler way.

Thanks for the kind words. I agree, my schematic was a big spaghetti tangle of "what the hell is this?" It was a process of making an array of characters follow a circle, rotating the characters to follow the curve, then I thought "what about having it work for ellipses, not just circles?", so then adjusting position based on elliptical stretching, and then finally adjusting the rotation to follow the elliptical form. (And adding total array width, character kerning, total rotation, and vertical flip along the way).

I have NO doubt that it was not the best approach, and that it could be done more simply, but I just made my version for a fun challenge when I saw the request and others saying that it couldn't be done. I really don't have interest in revisiting it and trying again, though I agree that a simpler alternative would be better. (Preferably one that does not require manual adjustment of character rotation in order to follow elliptical forms.) Are you still willing to post your method when it's complete?
ChrisHooker

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:38 pm

Yes, no problem. I'll post up when I can. It might be after christmas some time though when I have a chance to take care of it all.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:13 pm

Almost done this. Posting it up soon.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:41 pm

Did some great things. Do you all remember the old fl reverb 2? Well I was working with the idea and decided to make a 3d rep of the same thing. Basically I switch (in ruby as a case switch) from different shapes and sizes of polygon.

It then builds a ceiling over itself depending on the depth setting.

Some of the polygons however did not look perfect and I had to shimmy them a little. Funny that.

Anyways, the polys I used are octagon, nonago, decagon, hendecagon, dodecagon and the tridecagon.

Should be able to post this project soon. TTYS all.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby MichaelBenjamin » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:21 am

Last edited by MichaelBenjamin on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelBenjamin

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:37 pm

MichaelBenjamin wrote:why not a demo yt video for the reverb?

I'll try and get one up soon. Thanks Michael.
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Next

Return to General