Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Sugar Bytes DrumComputer

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Sugar Bytes DrumComputer

Postby Spogg » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:22 am

MichaelBenjamin wrote:to mindlessly fanboy around about some random drum vst by posting some hyped up merchandising video.

I feel the need to comment as one of the moderators. I find the above phrasing objectionable and inappropriate. The last thing that tulamide could be accused of is mindlessness! :lol:

As tulamide says, we decided some time ago to use the General forum for stuff that would normally go into Off Topic and this is because of the sheer volume of spam that we have to deal with daily. Posts can get overlooked and even deleted in error and this has happened.

Personally I don’t think tulamide’s post is actually off-topic because it draws attention to a commercial product which someone here may feel inspired to at least partially emulate, as I have done myself at times.

In summary, let’s be polite and considerate to one another please.

Thank you

Spogg
Spogg

Postby trogluddite » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:51 pm

[moderator_mode="mild passive-aggression"]

I agree with Spogg's comment above.

In general, reviews of 3rd party products are allowed so long as there's no reasonable suspicion that the member has vested interests or has joined the forum solely to promote their favourite gadgets. More generally still, we would prefer that members click "Report" for posts which they think might be in breach of the rules rather than start arguments with other members about what they may or may not post - only the mod's can enforce such policies, so it's rather pointless and is liable to be seen as flaming.

The forum's terms and conditions are brief and very subjective (and only visible when registering a new account, AFAIK!) So, ultimately, such decisions are always a judgement by myself and/or Spogg. Some of you may not like this, and we quite often don't ourselves; but given DSPr's complete lack of interest in the forums, there's little that any of us can do about it. We can't always spend much time here, but we do try to view every new post, and when we feel that a topic, post, or link goes too far, we usually edit or remove them on sight and add a comment to say what we've done and why.

Although I'm autistic and Spogg has Vulcan ancestry, we are aware that humans may appear even less logical than usual when they are stressed out or unhappy; have had a little too much to drink; are not using their first language; are suffering physical or mental illness; or have developmental conditions (e.g. my autism). Determining how spitefully a comment was intended or how painfully it was felt is not always easy. Hence, we allow some lee-way for the occasional faux-pas by usually respectful members, in the expectation that you're responsible enough to resolve your own disputes, even if only by agreeing to ignore each other. We really, really, really don't like having to use our moderator magic! But when gentle reminders via posts and PMs don't work, we will if we feel that it's in the interests of keeping the forums peaceful.

You are welcome to PM us if you think we made a bad decision or want us to clarify the rules, and we don't claim to be especially qualified for the job. Not all appeals will be successful, but we promise that we won't call you rude names for daring to suggest that we're not perfect.

As Spogg said; let’s be polite and considerate to one another please.

[/moderator_mode]
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:15 am

tulamide wrote:
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:Yeah, well it could be a good project though. Maybe using this:

<link removed>

Man, you're very close to spamming, and I hereby ask the mods to keep an eye on you. The link provided has nothing to do with this topic. You just try to get views for your own topic and that's rude and annoying!

No tulamide, it's the code to make a sampler that stays under 2.3 % cpu usage. It might even be more efficient than the sugarbytes version. I created it for peoples use in flowstone, not to do anything else, but w/e
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby tulamide » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:45 am

wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:
tulamide wrote:
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:Yeah, well it could be a good project though. Maybe using this:

<link removed>

Man, you're very close to spamming, and I hereby ask the mods to keep an eye on you. The link provided has nothing to do with this topic. You just try to get views for your own topic and that's rude and annoying!

No tulamide, it's the code to make a sampler that stays under 2.3 % cpu usage. It might even be more efficient than the sugarbytes version. I created it for peoples use in flowstone, not to do anything else, but w/e

If you would have taken the time to google about the instrument, you would know that it is nothing about samples. It's a drum machine, not a sample player. It generates drum sounds using oscillators not samples. And your topic is about making a game, not about making a drum machine.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby MichaelBenjamin » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:12 pm

Last edited by MichaelBenjamin on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelBenjamin

Postby MichaelBenjamin » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:43 pm

Last edited by MichaelBenjamin on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelBenjamin

Postby MichaelBenjamin » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:43 am

MichaelBenjamin

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:36 pm

You're right, I assumed. But someone should make a cool flowstone drum sampler all the same. Sorry for the misunderstanding; but it seemed like a sampler from the explanations in the post.

But still, my post has a collection of useful things flowstone related. It's not spam. But I realize now that this computer is something different.
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Previous

Return to General