Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Sugar Bytes DrumComputer

For general discussion related FlowStone

Sugar Bytes DrumComputer

Postby tulamide » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:58 pm

I want this for Christmas! I watched over an hour of tutorials for this new and (for my taste) perfect drum machine. So, who of you will make me happy on December 25? :mrgreen:

https://youtu.be/3_uqHSlpebI
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Re: Sugar Bytes DrumComputer

Postby MichaelBenjamin » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:12 am

Last edited by MichaelBenjamin on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelBenjamin

Postby tulamide » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:05 am

MichaelBenjamin wrote:since you watched all the tuts you have an idea how this thing works, so i guess you make yourself happy by rebuilding it in sm or any other framework of your choice?

from the snazzy but ultimatively bullshitsauce vid i get that it is a mix of sampler + synth with exponential amp & pitch plus some randomizers thrown in, nothing that has not been done a hundred times before, so it should be a weekend project in sm.

This is now the second time that you attack me with bs. I don't know what your problem is, but you better stop it. It's annoying. You also insult my intelligence.

Of course it is not even close to what he tried to minimize it to. However, I expect MichaelBenjamin now to build it for me, as it is no biggy. Can't wait for Christmas!
tulamide

Postby kortezzzz » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:18 am

It's an incredible synth :shock:
Perfectly coded, fast real time respond, perfect kick drums and midi drag & drop. and moreover, I could swear they've copied most of my "Boo boom arp" format which was released few months a go in this one, because the sequencer and the physical keyboard controls stuff is almost the same idea! :o

https://www.fananteampro.com/booboomarp
kortezzzz

Postby tulamide » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:57 pm

kortezzzz wrote:It's an incredible synth :shock:
Perfectly coded, fast real time respond, perfect kick drums and midi drag & drop. and moreover, I could swear they've copied most of my "Boo boom arp" format which was released few months a go in this one, because the sequencer and the physical keyboard controls stuff is almost the same idea! :o

https://www.fananteampro.com/booboomarp

Yes, for this awesome piece of software they obviously looked at other synths to decide what works and what not. The user guidance is awesome, not only your idea is in there, I also saw some things that the arp from Viper offers.

What thrills me is that for over 5 years now I'm dreaming of a perfect drum synth. I layed out everything it should have, and I knew from the beginning that it can't be programmed by me or within Flowstone. Then this surprise came up. From the 8 free assignable tracks, the tripartite of one drum sound (snap, body, bottom in my layout, here resonator, wavetable and resynth), the use of procedural generation for both, sound and sequencer, the clear GUI, just about everything matches my own layout of a perfect drum synth. It is as if they looked into my brain. I'm in love with it. Unfortunately I receive a pension that's below the breadline, and so I can't afford it (I can't even afford the monitor that I need, my old one broke after 12 years of total reliability and currently I'm using a loaner from my best friend).

But to see it in action is like a dream come true!
tulamide

Postby kortezzzz » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:27 pm

Well, sometime dreams come true :) It's absolutely something to wait for and maybe no one would believe, but I thought about almost every feature that they've added and dreamed to add it too into my project (technically impossible...). However, even after considering all those great features (they are great, really. I can only imagine the pain of developing something in this league), it's still a little overpriced, but I believe they will reduce it soon, so it will become more accessible for the masses. Anyway, I can see on sound forums that the most wanted toy in this christmas is Nexus 3 so this drums baby can be tagged as a very modest purchase.
kortezzzz

Postby wlangfor@uoguelph.ca » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:08 pm

Yeah, well it could be a good project though. Maybe using this:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34630#p105542
My youtube channel: DSPplug
My Websites: www.dspplug.com KVRaudio flowstone products
wlangfor@uoguelph.ca

Postby tulamide » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:17 am

wlangfor@uoguelph.ca wrote:Yeah, well it could be a good project though. Maybe using this:

<link removed>

Man, you're very close to spamming, and I hereby ask the mods to keep an eye on you. The link provided has nothing to do with this topic. You just try to get views for your own topic and that's rude and annoying!
tulamide

Postby MichaelBenjamin » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:01 pm

Last edited by MichaelBenjamin on Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelBenjamin

Postby tulamide » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:27 am

MichaelBenjamin wrote:tulamide, this is not the right forum to mindlessly fanboy around about some random drum vst by posting some hyped up merchandising video. I thought you posted the video because you wanted to rebuild it in SM (which should not be too hard). But instead you feel attacked, like you are some sugar bytes company guy? You do not need to feel attacked, it is just not the right content in a DIY forum. Maybe try kvr, it is a better place for consuming vst like that. Or is it just a trick and you already did rebuilt it in SM?

You can't stop, can you? YOU don't decide what I have to post or not. On the contrary, if you would have read some of the previous posts around here, you would have noticed that it was decided to post everything in General that in the past would have been posted in Off Topic.

The only problem here is you. Nobody forces you to read a post like mine, and definitely nobody wants you to answer to a post you don't like. And for the last time: If you are unable to watch your language, stop posting at all. It is still annoying. Use your toxic language among your rl friends, but keep it out of here. Thanks.
tulamide

Next

Return to General