Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Research ... capture EQ curve

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Research ... capture EQ curve

Postby guyman » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:44 am

Hello Martin. Care to share this schematic wired up with the real time convolver? :D

please and thanks.
guyman

Re: Research ... capture EQ curve

Postby francoisreme » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:17 pm

Hi Guys.

Martin thanks for this clean and great work !

I'm a bit confused about the convolution part. I'm sure this is maybe covered somewhere else but I can't fint any ressource on that.

I understand that you get an half spectrum from DC to almost nyquist freq (4096 bins) from the output of the FFT anlysis module.
From what I understand, we are macking a average on the squared magnitude, and we finally apply the square root juste before the output of the FFT Anlysis.

But what I can't get is the zero padding part. I mean I get the point of the zero padding because of temporal aliasing in the convolution. But I can't get how taking IFFT of an asymetrical spectrum (which gives complex temporal domain filter kernel), tacking only this IFFT real part, shifting by 1/4 of the size, and keep only the half can be equivalent to making the spectrum symetric before IFFT. I migh be one of these cool DSP hacks but I miss a few ressource to get this one !

does someone get a ressource ?

Also I re downloaded all .fsm from the realtime fft thread, I seems that Martin introduced the idea of meshed convolution in his convolution implementation in this post :
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3879&hilit=reverb&start=20
But I really can't understand how it works ! Any of you guys got it ?

Thanks !
francoisreme

Previous

Return to General