Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Martin Vicanek

For general discussion related FlowStone

Martin Vicanek

Postby Spogg » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:51 pm

Many of us here have benefitted tremendously from the amazing work of Martin Vicanek.

He has provided so many wonderful modules for us to use, especially oscillators, filters, envelope generators and a lot more besides.

He has always seemed willing to offer help and spend his valuable time on us, and even made bespoke and highly optimised solutions, with no expectation of reward other than a thank you.

Do you think it’s time we at least bought him a drink for all that selfless work?

You may not realise it but he has a website where you can make a donation via PayPal:

https://vicanek.de/donate.htm

Over to you now…

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Re: Martin Vicanek

Postby RJHollins » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:16 pm

Done.

CHEERS Martin !
RJHollins

Postby k brown » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:50 pm

The option to pay with credit card without having/opening a PayPal accnt doesn't seem to work.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby martinvicanek » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:22 pm

Wow, I feel a little embarassed. Of course I am happy if people find some of my contributions useful, but I am only one of many here on the forum.

If you want to acknowledge a true hero, donate to MyCo.
martinvicanek

Postby tektoog » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:39 am

martinvicanek wrote:Wow, I feel a little embarassed

Yeah I can understand you ;)

--------------------------- To all:

But, isn'it the goal of a forum? To post, exchange and share?
If you don't want your stuff to be public,then just keep it to yourself… :? I think it makes sense :?:
Talking about that, I don't want to be even here, or to start some kind of messy discussion, but let me tell that I hate the fact that, sometimes, some people, who ask for a solution to their problem in public, on the forum, then will keep the solution for themself… I've seen many times this happen overhere and I hate it… :? :cry: :shock:
If you ask to everybody for a solution, at least give it back to everybody… Some people will recognize themselves, and I hope will change some of their maners…
And what about Trog? … Tulamide? … and all the others who have contributed since the early age of SM? Isn't everybody using the old SM librairy?...
To be greateful to all these people, I think the best thing is to give credit.
Nothing more pleasant and fillfull than to see a big thank you when you open your mail or to see a rewarding comment on the forum…
Also, partnership is a good way to split reward…
In this optic, Martin, before reading this thread, I was, really, just about to send you an email to present you this, and was about to ask you, if it was, in anyway, something I (We) could use for either sell, or, as it seems you prefer to go freeware, to contribute to the Community…
I still have a few things to tide up, but I will send you the file soon…

MasTerCloneR - 01.png
MasTerCloneR - 01.png (55.51 KiB) Viewed 13184 times
MasTerCloneR - 02.png
MasTerCloneR - 02.png (55.61 KiB) Viewed 13184 times

First pic is with linear phase splitter (filter like behavior) and second one with 4-pole band splitter.

Any comments will be welcome…

To conclude , I would say that in the history of SM, FS, a only few people have brought their knowledge to achieve so milestone concepts and had been kind enough to share that with the mass, and Martin... is one of them!
Cheers
"Essential random order for chaotic repetitive sequences"
tektoog

Postby k brown » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:39 am

I don't see any difference between these images - what am I missing?
k brown

Postby tektoog » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:52 am

k brown wrote:I don't see any difference between these images - what am I missing?

Nothing really... it's just that the first picutre has sliders to change freqs and uses the linear phase splitter, so it behaves more like an eq (additive). and the second pic has edit boxes to input freqs as desired and uses the 4-pole band splitter, it behaves in a more substractive way (the behavior and result is the same, but with sliders the feel is more like using an eq)
I guess Martin would express and explain this much better than me ;)
"Essential random order for chaotic repetitive sequences"
tektoog

Postby kortezzzz » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:29 am

Done. Thanks Martin. Your work is always appreciated. I wish I knew better your programming background info (like c++ or any other cross-platform related languages) because I have an interesting under budget project which I'd like to actuate and I would love to refer it to you, if it actually meets your skill and by that benefit you back.
kortezzzz

Postby Spogg » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:57 am

Sometime after posting this I thought “What about all the others?” and I nearly deleted it.

So many people have offered up so much, yet we can only donate to those we are able to, namely those with a Pay Pal account or similar. I was in the fortunate position of being able to directly help one of our number a while back, and it felt good to be able to give something back to him. There are many candidates here who deserve to have a drink as a thank you, but how to do it?

I hope that the greats amongst us don’t feel offended in any way. It’s just that I realised just how much of Martin’s work I use. His stuff is in everything I’ve made, going back to my very first FS synth, when he offered me his sine wave oscillator to replace the stock prim. And I see his work in projects shared by others too.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby k brown » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:28 am

I got no response to my post - anyone know how to donate to Martin w/o having to open a PayPal accnt? His Donate page seems to offer that option but it doesn't work (like I said before).
k brown

Next

Return to General