Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Martin Vicanek

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Martin Vicanek

Postby adamszabo » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:00 am

Whats the problem with creating a temporary paypal account? Write your card details, then create the account, and after the donation just delete your account
adamszabo

Postby Spogg » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:43 pm

k brown wrote:I got no response to my post - anyone know how to donate to Martin w/o having to open a PayPal accnt? His Donate page seems to offer that option but it doesn't work (like I said before).

I didn't ignore this, I simply don't know :lol:
Maybe ask Pay Pal?

I've used Pay Pal for a long time (years) and never had the slightest issue so far. No spam and it's always worked and SO very convenient.

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby martinvicanek » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:24 pm

Gang, thank you all for your generosity! Tonight I will open a bottle of good Spanish red wine and drink a toast to all of you. (Fortunately, your donations will allow me to repeat this ritual :mrgreen: )

@tektoog, I am open to a collaboration. The GUI looks very cool, curious to peek under the hood.

@Kortezzzz, my background is really physics, not programming. I know FORTRAN and C a little, which is toally useless and outdated.

@Kevin, sorry that you are having troubles with paypal. Unfortunately I don't know how to solve it.

Salud!
martinvicanek

Postby RJHollins » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:39 pm

Salud!
RJHollins

Postby tulamide » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:20 pm

Spogg wrote:Sometime after posting this I thought “What about all the others?” and I nearly deleted it.

So many people have offered up so much, yet we can only donate to those we are able to, namely those with a Pay Pal account or similar. I was in the fortunate position of being able to directly help one of our number a while back, and it felt good to be able to give something back to him. There are many candidates here who deserve to have a drink as a thank you, but how to do it?

I hope that the greats amongst us don’t feel offended in any way. It’s just that I realised just how much of Martin’s work I use. His stuff is in everything I’ve made, going back to my very first FS synth, when he offered me his sine wave oscillator to replace the stock prim. And I see his work in projects shared by others too.

Cheers

Spogg

I'm living on a very small pension, after my medical condition didn't allow me to keep on working anymore. It's so small that I'm under a limit that we defined in Germany as the absolute minimum you need to live. Which is why the state supports me with what is called "Grundsicherung", so that I can pay my rent, power, internet and have enough to eat and drink.
When something unpredictable happens, I'm immediately in a predicament. Currently it is the need for a new monitor (my old one left me after more than 12 years of daily 10 to 16 hour sessions, what an awesome pal!), that I can't afford.
I think, Spogg is talking of me, because when I most needed it a few years ago, he could arrange that I got a used but hasslefree working PC for free! If that didn't happen, I would have been silent on the forum for years. I was moved to tears when that happened, because it never happened to me before.

But my personal situation does in no way lead to feeling offended. On the contrary, I think that MyCo, Martin, (the long lost) KG_is_back, Trog and others have done so valuable work not just by contributing, but by keeping Flowstone alive! Imagine what people would think of FS right now without Martin's and MyCo's manifold proofs that FS "can handle that". Realtime FFT, highly optimized oscillators and filters from both, and so many modules that suddenly allowed for sound design that before was thought impossible to do with FS!

So, if someone opens a thread to donate to one of them, I love it! It feels like their effort is adequately appreciated. There are so many leechers on this forum, and a donation will give them a chance as well to say thank you!
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby BobF » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:49 pm

@ tulamide,

I have a 17 " monitor I can give you free, but getting it to you may present a problem. Any idea of the cost to send something like this to you from Texas?

P.M. , if you have any ideas!

Later then, BobF.....
BobF

Postby k brown » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:51 pm

adamszabo wrote:Whats the problem with creating a temporary paypal account? Write your card details, then create the account, and after the donation just delete your account

Because my wife, who holds the purse strings will not allow PayPal to have our credit card details; just closing the accnnt - they still have your credit card info. I thought I could use a low-amnt Visa Gift Card for this, but it's only valid in the U.S.

Martin's Donate page offers the option to donate by credit card OR PayPal, but when you choose credit card, it requires you to open a PayPal accnt! I've done a lot of online transactions that offer this option, and a PayPal accnt is not required - PayPal only processes the card transaction. It seems Martin's PayPal accnt is not set up to allow this. This PayPal credit card processing that doesn't require the purchaser to have an accnt seems to be somewhat recent, so maybe Martin just needs to update his accnt.
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby pshannon » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:38 pm

k brown wrote:
adamszabo wrote:Whats the problem with creating a temporary paypal account? Write your card details, then create the account, and after the donation just delete your account

Because my wife, who holds the purse strings will not allow PayPal to have our credit card details; just closing the accnnt - they still have your credit card info. I thought I could use a low-amnt Visa Gift Card for this, but it's only valid in the U.S.

Martin's Donate page offers the option to donate by credit card OR PayPal, but when you choose credit card, it requires you to open a PayPal accnt! I've done a lot of online transactions that offer this option, and a PayPal accnt is not required - PayPal only processes the card transaction. It seems Martin's PayPal accnt is not set up to allow this. This PayPal credit card processing that doesn't require the purchaser to have an accnt seems to be somewhat recent, so maybe Martin just needs to update his accnt.

@k brown, I wanted to let your wife know, paypal is one of the safer transaction systems out there. They are also PCI compliant. They may charge fees higher than others, but I trust it more than some of new ones that keep popping up. I will recommend this common sense approach to anyone:
1. Use complex passwords.
2. Use a lower limit credit card. Keep in mind, if your card is stolen, the credit card industry can only hold you to a low limit of money if it was stolen.
3. If you tie your bank account to it, make sure it is not your main active one. Put low cash amount in there.
https://www.paypal.com/c2/webapps/mpp/p ... le.x=en_C2

I didn't check to see if you were in the states, but I am sure there are similar protections with other countries.
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0 ... ebit-cards

BTW You do contribute so much and you put together some really cool stuff. I was blown away by your archive and thanks for doing that.
pshannon

Postby k brown » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:32 pm

Thanks - all good tips that my wife and I are aware of; I was really trying to get Martin to get the no-accnt-required bit fixed because it would also increase the number of donations he got if people weren't required to have a PayPal accnt; I know this is something PayPal can do. I buy a lot of art supplies, photo gear and film online and most of them offer credit card purchase (through PayPal, w/o an accnt) or payment through PayPal. i thinks it's worth his while to have them set this up for him (unless it's an extra fee or something).
Website for the plugins : http://kbrownsynthplugins.weebly.com/
k brown

Postby adamszabo » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:36 pm

@k brown, I understand your concern, but I have been using PayPal for many many years now and they dont do anything that you dont approve and its very safe. If it still didnt convince you, you know that you can create a free virtual bank card right? You can link it to that to make it twice as safe.
adamszabo

PreviousNext

Return to General