Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Built-in Bitmaps

For general discussion related FlowStone

Built-in Bitmaps

Postby AnthonyTower » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:05 am

Hi,
would anyone know where FlowStone stores the .bmp files it uses for all of it's built-in components ?
It's not in any of the FlowStone subfolders...
I'm I just blind ?

Cheers
AnthonyTower

Re: Built-in Bitmaps

Postby DSP » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:46 pm

When you load a bitmap into FlowStone they are stored in memory.
DSP

Postby AnthonyTower » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:23 pm

Thanks for the quick reply DSP.

I'll give you a real world example of what I mean.

Example, any slider.
Open it's properties.
Two buttons are listed, one for the Track Bitmap, the other for the Slider Bitmap.
Those two bitmaps have to be stored somewhere on disk, in a repository with all the bitmaps FlowStone uses for it's components, right ?

That's the location I'm looking for.

Cheers
AnthonyTower

Postby AnthonyTower » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:44 pm

Take 2
So as to clarify and add to the reason why I want to know where on my hard drive the default bitmaps FlowStone uses are located.

Suppose you decide to change the slider button bitmap in a module to one of your own creations.
But you wind up not liking the change you've made.
FlowStone cannot undo your change and you're stuck with the new .bmp you've assigned it.
The only and clumsy workaround might I add, is to create a new instance of the slider and delete the one your where using.

Not to elegant is it ?

An issue I feel could be addressed in future versions :)
But if I knew where those bitmaps where stored, I could live with this inconvenience.

Cheers
AnthonyTower

Postby DSP » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:56 am

I think you have got the wrong end of the stick?

You can change the components as much as you like and the original one will still be in the tool box.

If you load your own bitmaps and you are happy with the new component just right click on it and add it to the tool box, this will then be a totally new component. The original one is still there un-touched :)

There are no bitmaps stored in a folder they are part of the component file, flowstone is way more elegant than you think and the issue your describe doesn't exist?

We all make our own knobs and sliders all the time it's a fundamental part of making your own FlowStone GUI.
DSP

Postby AnthonyTower » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:46 am

Thank you DSP!

I was quite aware that changes made to a module or it's instance do not affect the original in any way.

But you're saying that all the built-in images used in modules such as sliders, knobs, etc are internally generated and do not use an external file.
When we, as users, choose to replace the originally generated image for a button let's say, FlowStone will make a link to this external file, hence the newly chosen bitmap and just keep track of where it is.
The same goes for SynthMaker.

That's fine with me but it would have been nice to be able to undo a change and revert to the default generated image if need be, instead of having to recreate an instance.
In a perfect world everything should be undo-able...maybe a future revision will allow this.

Cheers
AnthonyTower

Postby AnthonyTower » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:11 am

'Just tried deleting the graphic file I was using as a replacement for a knob in a module instance and the new image persists.
Conclusion, when FlowStone (and SynthMaker) is assigned a new graphical representation for a control from an external file it will copy the pixel information from the external file and re-raster it internally and not need the external file anymore.

That's a big plus so we, nor FlowStone, have to keep track of where the new bitmaps are.
There should be a way to code the generation of modules so as to permit an undo though.

'Just my two cents :)

Cheers
AnthonyTower

Postby edeferaxy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:08 pm

How do I take a logo out of an adobe file and save it as a bitmap picture? I work for the company? I work for the company and am working at home because I have a temporary medical condition. I am updating the menu to reflect new prices however the publishing program lost the logos because it refered to them to a file on the last computer's hard drive. I have the file from corporate that has the logos but I don't know how to take the logo from the pdf file. Once I do that I can finish changing the prices.
Last edited by edeferaxy on Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
edeferaxy

Postby Embedded » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:58 pm

You need some form of photo editing software like Adobe Photoshop.

Then you will be able to open the pdf, copy the bits that you need and paste them into a new file. You will then be able to choose to save as, bmp, jpg, png etc.

Another method if all else fails is to open the pdf on your PC then do a screen capture of the bit you want, then save this to a bitmap etc.
Embedded

Return to General