Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Combination Circuits/Schematics

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Combination Circuits/Schematics

Postby tulamide » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:45 am

Of course. As long as you know what is happening and how, it shouldn't be that much of a problem. Just be aware of it.

For example, the multiplexer without modification will send just one trigger over the line that is now active. With the modification, first a trigger is sent on the line that is now active, then a trigger on the line that is now inactive and lastly a trigger again on the line that is active.

It may confuse some circuits, so I wanted to point to it. But as said, if you are aware of it you can build upon it.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby tiffy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:01 am

tulamide wrote:Of course. As long as you know what is happening and how, it shouldn't be that much of a problem. Just be aware of it.

For example, the multiplexer without modification will send just one trigger over the line that is now active. With the modification, first a trigger is sent on the line that is now active, then a trigger on the line that is now inactive and lastly a trigger again on the line that is active.

It may confuse some circuits, so I wanted to point to it. But as said, if you are aware of it you can build upon it.

Has this issue with regard to the Multiplex Primitive ever been brought to the attention of the developers?

Since a Multiplex Primitive that remember its input terminal value on all of its output terminals (even those it is not switched to) would be absolutely useless in the applications I am using it for - a piece of junk in the toolbox. Of course the triggers would be an issue in critical circuits and thank you for reminding us of that fact.
tiffy

Postby Spogg » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:56 am

tiffy wrote:
Has this issue with regard to the Multiplex Primitive ever been brought to the attention of the developers?

Since a Multiplex Primitive that remember its input terminal value on all of its output terminals (even those it is not switched to) would be absolutely useless in the applications I am using it for - a piece of junk in the toolbox. Of course the triggers would be an issue in critical circuits and thank you for reminding us of that fact.

I do know this has been known about for ages but it wouldn't hurt for you to email DSPR about it and let us know their comments, if any. This may be a good time to do it since they are developing 3.09 at the moment.

BUT maybe it's intentional and if so it would be nice to know the application for such behaviour. At present it works like a sample and hold multiplexor, i.e. you can distribute a value to any or all outputs and the values will hold. I used this technique in my analogue days to use just one DAC to control up to 8 oscillators. Any non-linearity in the DAC would then hold for all pitches produced. In that case the values distributed would be held on a capacitor until next addressed. Would this have any use in real-world applications in Flowstone?

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

Postby tiffy » Tue May 03, 2016 11:48 am

Selector with Normal/Inverse Mode Drop list & Default Setting v1.42

There is also an option to send preset setting from a saved text file to the input terminal (you will need additional schematic to do this), and the start Index value for the drop list can be selected as well (0 or 1).

Description inside schematic.
Attachments
Selector with Nor-Inv mode Droplist v1.42.fsm
(30.24 KiB) Downloaded 1162 times
tiffy

Postby RJHollins » Tue May 03, 2016 6:44 pm

Wow ... nice improvements TIFFY !

I'm just starting to test, but looking good :mrgreen:

definite for the ToolBox.

Thanks 8-)

---- EDIT ----

Am finding an issue with INPUT INDEX. :?

With a '0' Input, the selector goes to Item2.

still testing
RJHollins

Postby tiffy » Wed May 04, 2016 2:24 pm

RJHollins wrote:Wow ... nice improvements TIFFY !

I'm just starting to test, but looking good :mrgreen:

definite for the ToolBox.

Thanks 8-)

---- EDIT ----

Am finding an issue with INPUT INDEX. :?

With a '0' Input, the selector goes to Item2.

still testing

I think you misunderstood. You are confusing ITEM numbers (on the droplist) with INDEX numbers.

When you set the index to start counting from the value 0, and you set the default index to the value of 1, it will jump to the 2nd item on the drop list (on Ctrl + Left Mouse Click) which is index number 1 (not 0). Please note that item numbers may differ from index numbers.

When you set the index to start counting from the value 1 (then you start to count from 1 and not from 0), and if you still keep the default setting at a value of 1, it will jump to the 1st item on the drop list (on Ctrl + Left Mouse Click) which is still index number 1(i.e. now the 1st item, since you are ignoring 0... you are not counting from 0 now but from 1).

If you want ITEM numbers to correspond with INDEX numbers, you will have to number your ITEMS correspondingly. The DEFAULT setting is a INDEX setting and not a ITEM setting on the drop list.

Also note that the "Set Start position of Index (0 & 1)" setting is not the default setting, it is the position from where the index starts counting. The Default setting is clearly marked "Default" which means that is the INDEX position (not necessarily corresponding to ITEM position) it will jump to on a Ctrl + Left Mouse Click.

Check it out, there is nothing wrong with the schematic in that regard. But thanks, keep testing.
tiffy

Postby RJHollins » Wed May 04, 2016 4:17 pm

oh ... ok, will check that out that way.

thanks Tiffy
RJHollins

1 x Sliding Window (Manual)

Postby tiffy » Tue May 17, 2016 10:19 am

LDo Click + Drag Mouse Horizontally Left/Right on the Dark Black Horizontal line (Horizontal Slider) in the Schematic to slide the Window Open or Close respectively.
Attachments
1 x Sliding Glass Window.fsm
(8.84 KiB) Downloaded 1147 times
tiffy

2 x Sliding Windows (Manual)

Postby tiffy » Tue May 17, 2016 10:21 am

LDo Click + Drag Mouse Horizontally Left/Right on the Dark Black Horizontal line (Horizontal Slider) in the Schematic to slide the Windows Open or Close respectively.
Attachments
2 x Sliding Glass Windows.fsm
(9.11 KiB) Downloaded 1163 times
tiffy

Postby Spogg » Tue May 17, 2016 10:27 am

I got "error inside module" so is this with the 3.09 beta?
I like the idea but I can't play :(

Cheers

Spogg
Spogg

PreviousNext

Return to General