Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

v2 not working like v1 did! HELP!

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: v2 not working like v1 did! HELP!

Postby bryan20miles » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:52 pm

OK!

Very, very nice work.

I think I found what is happening, but I cannot explain why.

My wireless module output 'light' NEVER lights up when I connect it to the MGUI element. This has GOT to be why this is working incorrectly (not working). I 'noticed' this earlier today, but didn't think anything of it until I stepped through your fine work and you called it out.

So, now what do I do?
bryan20miles

Postby AnthonyTower » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:58 pm

Bryan, post your FlowStone Schematic here and I'll be glad to take a look at it.

Cheers
AnthonyTower

Postby Embedded » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:51 am

bryan20miles wrote:Embedded,

Try this in v2:

New project
Add Module, dbl-click to move into module
Add MGUI
Add Slider, Knob, LED

Tell me if you see the Slider, Knob, LED on Module (top level).

Add Wireless Output to MGUI

Tell me if you see the Slider, Knob, LED on Module.

When I add the Slider, Knob, and LED initially, they do NOT show up on the Module.
When I add a Wireless Output connected to the MGUI, the Slider, Knob and LED do NOT show up on the Module.

Let me know please.

I am going to install v1 (on a separate computer, just for testing) and do the above. I will then make another post.

Thank you!

This is exactly what I did and it works perfectly?

If your wireless links are not lighting up then that means:

a) The name is different (for the gui links leave the name blank)
b) the Type is different, should automatically go to 'V' when you connect it
c) You are using the wrong wireless link, make sure its says 'Link' NOT 'Out' (these are to jump up a level instead of Link down)
Embedded

Postby bryan20miles » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:17 pm

Embedded, AnthonyTower, Morph:

Thank you for all your help! I hang my head humbly and report that all is well again.
I actually wrote the solution to my problem in my last post (when I wrote 'output'). Then Embedded pointed it out in item c) about using the proper output (link).
Apparently I failed to notice this not so minor detail.

Thanks folks.

Bryan
bryan20miles

Postby AnthonyTower » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:08 am

Embedded wrote:This is the same in V1 & V2, nothing has changed here.
The order that you add components will set the layering, the newer components are on top. You can change the order on the top level by right clicking and selecting 'Send Back', 'Bring to Front' etc. (in edit mode - padlock open). Or manually by disconnecting them from the V and reconnecting them (wireless links remember the level so delete the wireless link and use a new one).

Unless there's something I'm really missing, could very well be :o , you can't have objects, knobs, LEDs, or whatever object that has it's own front panel get drawn OVER a MGUI component drawn surface just by right-clicking and choosing an option from the pop-up menu (Send Back', 'Bring to Front', etc.) that comes up when selecting the object's outline at the top level.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only option you have is to go inside the module and MANUALLY disconnect the links and then reconnect them, keeping the LIFO methodology in mind when re-linking :) .

Try it with the example I had posted.
I've attached the schematic here.

All I get is this, regardless of the option I choose from the context pop-up (not shown):

And as you said in your post, nothing has indeed changed in this regard from V1 to V2.

Cheers
Attachments
Example_on_link_precedence_000.fsm
(21.38 KiB) Downloaded 1149 times
AnthonyTower

Postby Embedded » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:30 pm

You can only change the GUI items that are layers. Your blue background isn't a layer it is just on top, so you need to make it into a layer first in order to change it's layer position.

Example_on_link_precedence_000 clip.png
Example_on_link_precedence_000 clip.png (13.53 KiB) Viewed 17200 times

If everything is on the same layer, you can't bring them forwards etc. so in this case then it is just the link order that sets the order.
Attachments
Example_on_link_precedence_001.fsm
(21.33 KiB) Downloaded 1057 times
Embedded

Postby AnthonyTower » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:18 am

Thank you Embedded for so eloquently explaining that to us!!
I now have a much better understanding of the MGUI component :idea:

It might be worth mentioning here, at least for some of the more simple minded people like myself, a cool feature the MGUI hides.

Unlike other components, like for example 'Float to Area', which also uses x and y coordinates for drawing position, the values assigned to the inputs of MGUI's x and y connectors are not just SET but also STORED inside of MGUI.
So for example if you later remove those said links, thinking x and y have been reinitialized to 0, you'll realize they aren't.

MGUI retains the values for x and y even after the x and y assignment components have been disconnected.
To reinitialize x and y you must reassign them again with new Floats of value 0.

And of course, anything you move with the mouse by direct placement will override anything previously set at these inputs.
As shown below:

BTW, the .fsm here attached was saved with V2.01.
Congrats to DSP Robotics for this new release!!

Cheers
Attachments
Example_on_link_precedence_002.fsm
(970.98 KiB) Downloaded 1105 times
AnthonyTower

Previous

Return to General