Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Missing keys in cords

For general discussion related FlowStone

Re: Missing keys in cords

Postby tulamide » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:35 pm

tektoog wrote:Ok I will leave this thread now... even if it's mine!
If I'm the only one (and Nix) to experience that, good...
I'll wait for the return from people when the plug will be released...
If I have comments saying "I can't play chords with you chord synth" I'll link them to this thread!
Good advertisement!!!

And that proofs what?

So, let's summarize: First you dictate what we have to write, then you dictate what we have to think, and then you blame us for your issue. How that should help solving the problem isn't clear to me. But if you at one point in time are actually interested in solving your issue, share a schematic and we will have a close look. That's how it has always been done, and that's how it always worked best. You know, guessing from a video and vague suggestions is not very helpful.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby Spogg » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:43 pm

I never use the PC as a keyboard but I always thought it was for one-note-at-a-time playing.

But tektoog has a chord problem using a midi controller too.

However, I’ve been thinking about this and it strikes me that one thing in common here is the USB system, for PC keyboard and midi keyboard. I don’t know what the hardware configuration is but I’d be tempted to go down that road. Unplug all USBs and hubs, try a new keyboard/mouse. Something may be throttling the USB data somehow, maybe even a motherboard or USB driver fault…
Spogg

Postby deraudrl » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:59 pm

tulamide wrote:Which example synth?
Here. I think it got installed with 3.0.6, but I may have downloaded it elsewhere on the forum. Either way, it worked out-of-the-box with 3.0.6, no newer components added, so it's at least that old.
Example Synth.fsm
(631.32 KiB) Downloaded 872 times
I keep a pair of oven mitts next to my computer so I don't get a concussion from slapping my forehead while I'm reading the responses to my questions.
deraudrl

Postby deraudrl » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:06 pm

Spogg wrote:I never use the PC as a keyboard but I always thought it was for one-note-at-a-time playing.

But tektoog has a chord problem using a midi controller too.

However, I’ve been thinking about this and it strikes me that one thing in common here is the USB system, for PC keyboard and midi keyboard. I don’t know what the hardware configuration is but I’d be tempted to go down that road. Unplug all USBs and hubs, try a new keyboard/mouse. Something may be throttling the USB data somehow, maybe even a motherboard or USB driver fault…
As a starter, I'd definitely suggest getting the MIDI controller on a separate hub (internal or external) than the keyboard/mouse.

Beyond that, I discovered decades ago that diagnosing someone's else hardware issues remotely is a fool's errand, so I'm done here.
I keep a pair of oven mitts next to my computer so I don't get a concussion from slapping my forehead while I'm reading the responses to my questions.
deraudrl

Postby tektoog » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:42 pm

Hey,
Well I oredered yesterday night a recent modern controller.
In the same (small) price range, I was hesitating between the Alesis V25, Nektar Impact LX25+ and Arturia MiniLab MKII.
I chose the Arturia as it's the one with the most knobs on the front panel (sounds good to apply MidiLearn controls on synths while developing), it has a nice software bundle that comes with it, and after watching reviews like this one I was convinced...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boytGs2AKN8

I'll see if that solves MY problem ;)

tulamide wrote:First you dictate what we have to write, then you dictate what we have to think

Maybe better behave the other way: first think, then write... ;) :)

Spogg wrote:Unplug all USBs and hubs, try a new keyboard/mouse. Something may be throttling the USB data somehow, maybe even a motherboard or USB driver fault…

Yep, that's what I will do with this new controller ;)
It seems my pc power supply might be a bit weak... I have sometimes problem with external HDs shutting down by themselves, then rebooting... :?

deraudrl wrote:Here. I think it got installed with 3.0.6

Thanks for posting ;)

deraudrl wrote:As a starter, I'd definitely suggest getting the MIDI controller on a separate hub (internal or external) than the keyboard/mouse.
Beyond that, I discovered decades ago that diagnosing someone's else hardware issues remotely is a fool's errand, so I'm done here.

Well, I hear what you say... but it shouldn't be that way... That's what Standards are made for... so we all talk about the same thing... ;)
"Essential random order for chaotic repetitive sequences"
tektoog

Postby Spogg » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:49 pm

Well I wish you good luck Mr Tektoog.

I predict you’ll have the same issue with the new keyboard (I hope not of course) because I feel convinced it’s a USB issue. So we shall soon see…
Spogg

Postby tulamide » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:08 pm

tektoog wrote:
tulamide wrote:First you dictate what we have to write, then you dictate what we have to think

Maybe better behave the other way: first think, then write... ;) :)

I so wish you had followed your own advice...
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Previous

Return to General