Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Thoughts on resizing GUI.

For general discussion related FlowStone

Thoughts on resizing GUI.

Postby lalalandsynth » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:40 pm

Its been a looong time since I used the 3.09 so I am not entirely sure if this only applies to the alpha.

I wonder if there is an easy way to load all images , say background and all knobs as double size , then half the size and use that as the GUI so the user can make it larger and still keep it crisp.

I could easily do this for the background but unsure how to do this with the knobs , any thoughts ?
lalalandsynth

Re: Thoughts on resizing GUI.

Postby adamszabo » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:23 pm

Yes you can do it like that. For the knobs you have to double the width and height (or whichever ratio you want to max resolution to be)
adamszabo

Postby lalalandsynth » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:49 pm

Ok, but I am unsure of how to load a filmstrip for a knob and have it display at half the size ?

I seem to have to input the correct cell width and height or the knob strip does not function .
lalalandsynth

Postby tulamide » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:57 pm

lalalandsynth wrote:I seem to have to input the correct cell width and height or the knob strip does not function .
Of course you have. But you can always define to which area to draw to. I'm not sure about green (a bit rusty on that side), but in Ruby it's just a matter of drawing the original to a specific area to scale it.

So whatever you do, at one point you end up with exactly one image to draw to a view. At that point you apply the scaling.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby lalalandsynth » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:59 pm

Oh , I am thinking it backwards , If I just build the whole interface double the size and then reduce the whole thing, everything works properly .

EDIT: What an afterthought btw , I reallllly dont want to remake all my guis . :)
lalalandsynth

Return to General