Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

My 1st bug report for FS3

For general discussion related FlowStone

My 1st bug report for FS3

Postby MyCo » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:37 am

Hi,

There's no bug reports board (why???), so I post it here. I've found one minor bug, while tinkering around with FS3:
Code: Select all
The "Return" and "Enter" keys don't work in the edit boxes of property panels. It's not dramatic, but kind of annoying.

There is also another bug, that I would like to address. It's has nothing to do with the software, but with the board:
Code: Select all
I don't get mails when a new message was posted. I've checked the preferences, and they look right to me, but still no mails. BTW: I've noticed that the "FS3 Release" mail was marked as Spam, but this was the only mail that I've actually received from DSP Robotics so far.
MyCo

Re: My 1st bug report for FS3

Postby support » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:16 pm

If you have any bug reports or issues then email them directly to us. It's much easier for us to deal with them this way.

Email spam filters are hyper sensitive these days which is very annoying. Will double check everything is working anyway though.

Many thanks.
support

Postby MyCo » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:22 pm

Thanks,

I've noticed now, the same Enter/Return Problem also exists in Float/Int/String Input Fields (the green ones), and also in the edit fields of module titles
MyCo

Postby trogluddite » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:23 pm

Though my keyboard was broken at first!
Yes, I've noticed the same thing this evening - clicking something else always seems to sort it without any side-effects, but it is a bit annoying.
All schematics/modules I post are free for all to use - but a credit is always polite!
Don't stagnate, mutate to create!
trogluddite

Postby infuzion » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:18 am

support wrote:If you have any bug reports or issues then email them directly to us. It's much easier for us to deal with them this way.
I feel that help systems, bug/request voting sites, &/or forums are superior to direct emails in every way. They automatically create a FAQ of sort, prevent repetitive bug reports, help others learn the program, others can chime in on workarounds, etc...

I'm sure you can find a bug reporting system or a sub-forum that sent you an email every time there is a new post for you to look at.
infuzion

Postby nix » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:34 am

+1 one one the enter key bleep.
I would like to hit return to enter my value
nix

Postby stw » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:13 am

infuzion wrote:
support wrote:If you have any bug reports or issues then email them directly to us. It's much easier for us to deal with them this way.
I feel that help systems, bug/request voting sites, &/or forums are superior to direct emails in every way. They automatically create a FAQ of sort, prevent repetitive bug reports, help others learn the program, others can chime in on workarounds, etc...

I'm sure you can find a bug reporting system or a sub-forum that sent you an email every time there is a new post for you to look at.

Exactly my thoughts. Absolutely counterproductive and antiquated to limit these reports to private email conversations!
stw

Return to General