Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

USB communication with Sensel Morph etc.

For general discussion related FlowStone

USB communication with Sensel Morph etc.

Postby NothanUmber » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:11 pm

Hi everybody!

Long time no see :) Have been a SynthMaker user back in the early days and am now looking into whether Flowstone could work for a DIY musical instrument I am planning.

One of the components of this instrument will be a couple of Sensel Morphs - a touch surface with pressure support.

They have an API for C++, Python or Processing available here:
https://github.com/sensel

Now the question would be:
* Can I write custom modules for Flowstone in C/C++?
* Are the USB modules in Flowstone flexible enough that I could rebuild the API from Flowstone modules?
* bonus question 1: Native 64 bit Windows VST support, Mac support and Linux support would of course be awesome! (My dream would be VST32/64 support on Windows and Mac, AU support on Mac and VST,LV2 and standalone Jack2 support on Linux. I know, I am greedy :P ) As I haven't found any words about whether any of these things are on the roadmap: Did anybody have success to run Flowstone or Flowstone generated VSTs on Linux or Mac with Wine/CrossOver/Plugwire?
* bonus question 2: Is the timing of the green (non audio components) now good enough to build time accurate midi processors? (That was one of the big things on the roadmap last time I did something with SM. Hope it's in now? :) )

Thanks for reading so far and even more thanks in advance for potential answers :)

Greetings,
NothanUmber
NothanUmber

Return to General