Support

If you have a problem or need to report a bug please email : support@dsprobotics.com

There are 3 sections to this support area:

DOWNLOADS: access to product manuals, support files and drivers

HELP & INFORMATION: tutorials and example files for learning or finding pre-made modules for your projects

USER FORUMS: meet with other users and exchange ideas, you can also get help and assistance here

NEW REGISTRATIONS - please contact us if you wish to register on the forum

Does Anyone knows how to make osc like a scope?

For general discussion related FlowStone

Does Anyone knows how to make osc like a scope?

Postby djbrynte » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:49 am

Im wonder if some one knows how to make an oscillator like a scope. Like when u connect the array to this you Will see the waveform and then when playing it moves a Little bit like serum or vital.

Can some one pls help me with an example and thanks for all help i can get from you pros in here.
djbrynte

Re: Does Anyone knows how to make osc like a scope?

Postby adamszabo » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:24 pm

What do you mean "moves"? You have to explain more clearly
adamszabo

Postby djbrynte » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:53 pm

Sry my bad English again Adam. I Will try.

I mean when you connect green array to an output that shows the waveform (just basic one) like i usually do on my synths u know Adam. Like on your viper you see the waveforms. Is it possible so when you press any key you can see the frequeny or something on this waveform. So it moving like a scope. It should still show the waveform. But moving.

I dont know what you call this thing who shows the in waveform.
djbrynte

Postby tulamide » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:55 pm

An oscilloscope visualises the oscillation of a soundwave per frequency over time. What you are asking for is therefore an oscilloscope (or "scope" as you called it) and there are several on this forum.
"There lies the dog buried" (German saying translated literally)
tulamide

Postby djbrynte » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:39 pm

Thnx tulamide i Will just search for it.
djbrynte

Postby Spogg » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:19 am

Johan asked me about this and I think he means like you get from an analyser graph, but showing modulation of 1 cycle independent of playing frequency and number of notes sounding. So if you change the waveform shape or phase modulate it or whatever you see the result.

My opinion was that the display from the analyser wouldn’t be fast and may use a lot of CPU, and also the whole sound generation system would have to be reproduced for the analyser to work on.

I don’t know if this is possible or even if it would work, which is why he posted here.

Another possibility would be to reproduce the sound generator in blue, use a static frequency and then use a regular scope to display it. That might work better but it would still use CPU. Also, in this case, the waveform display may not be stable due to triggering thresholds.

Have I got this right Johan?
Spogg

Postby adamszabo » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:22 am

In that case its best to clone a new poly section, with the same control inputs free from the actual poly signal, and use the analyzer primitive on it to generate an array data to show the wave and what its doing
adamszabo

Return to General